XIV

Wakanda. After T'Challa dropped Zemo off for the Americans to deal with, he offered Bucky, Steve, and Peter refuge in his home country. They had taken Bucky's arm with his permission. He put his sister up to the task of "fixing" the broken white boys.

"You sure about this?" Steve asked his closest friend, a father. He sighed.

"I can't trust my own mind." Bucky said, looking up at him and smiling a little. "So until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing. For everybody." Steve nodded a little, looking down. He would respect his friends decision. "Come here, both of you."

Peter, who hadn't spoken much, if at all since they arrived leaned over along with Steve for a group hug. He wouldn't see his dad for a while, he was going to be put into intensive therapy while he was on ice. Bucky kissed Peter's forehead, and him on the lips.

Steve stared out the window after Bucky had been put on ice, and Peter had been whisked away into therapy. The prince walked up beside him, soon he would be king.

"Thank you for this." Steve said to the prince.

"Your friend, his son, and my father... they were all victims.. And if I can help two of them find peace..."

"You know, if they find out they're here... they'll come for them." Steve looked to T'Challa.

"Let them try."