14| Patch up

Arnav dialled Nk number and waited for the call to get attended.

'Pick up the phone dammit' He murmured with growing restlessness.

"Where this sankadevi went?" Buaji mumbled and nudged Payal to ask it to Arnav, who is busy in grabbing her contact.

"Arnavji.. Khushi?"

"She's with Nk. Don't worry, I'll look out for her. Don't make it as an issue, you all carry on with your works. I'll be back soon with her"

"Why is she doing this? Can't she inform us about her whereabouts" Buaji muttered cursing her stupidity more if possible.

Arnav marched out calling Khushi number which was also left unattended. He gazed his wrist watch which shows 7. A.M. Where the hell you went Khushi?

"Aman trace Khushi number" He ordered getting inside the car.

'You always love to do this, haaina... You always love to worry me... You always love to make me cry... You always made your thoughts occupy my heart and brain... You always do something to trigger me...'

"You said the other day, but it's you who always made me worry about your safety, it's you who always occupied my thoughts, it's you who made my heart to took rebirth, it's you who do something always to trigger me. Dammit Khushi Gupta" He punched hard the steering getting agitated by her absence.

He drove aimlessly on the road until Aman called informing about Khushi whereabouts. In no time Arnav Singh Raizada stood in front of the closed door with tightened jaws having hard time controlling his anger.

He punched the door bell showing his fury on that poor switch. The door didn't opened increasing his rage. He knocked the door loudly.

"Khushi..."

"Who the hel.." Khushi swallowed the rest of words seeing the raging Arnav.

He pushed her entering into the house closing the door behind him with a thud.

"What are you doing here? This is my house Mr. Raizada, perhaps if you forget" She told sternly placing her palms on either side of her waist.

"I've good memory than you've. It's you who left the mansion early morning without informing anyone. Are you crazy? Didn't you know we would be worried for us?"

"I know what I am doing. By the way, why are you worrying unnecessarily? My presence or absence are nothing of your concern. It's my family right to worry not You"

Her angry words directly hit the bulls eyes inflicting a wound on his heart. For the first time, he felt he's getting his own medicine. Didn't he told her the same many a times? Didn't he hurt her with his sharp tongue? Didn't he questioned her dignity? Didn't he crushed her with his words? His own emotions and realisation choked his throat. He felt hard to bear the hurt. If he felt offended and hurt by her single sentence then how would've she felt when he used his tongue as a knife to tear her heart.

Before he mellow down and decided to take into a light conversation they got disturbed again.

"Hey nannav mera bhai... What are you doing here?" Squealed Nk with sugar syrup dripping down his mouth.

"What are you doing here Nk?" Arnav asked instead of answering him.

Nk chewed the remaining jalebi before replies to him "Khushiji wanted to make jalebi so I accompanied her"

Arnav opened his mouth and closed it again when words refused to come out of his mouth.

"You can't be serious" He mumbled out of shock. He couldn't believe just for jalebi Khushi came here on early morning without informing anyone.