Why?

Ah, yes. Blackstar is the head of this chapter. He'll be playing a HUGE role in the story more often, along with the other characters, too! After some thinking and some planning, I have an idea of where this story will go. Hopefully, you guys won't be TOO mad at me for this chapter, haha... Here we go, the 6th chapter of "A Meister's Promise."

[Kid's POV]

I had to get away from Soul. 

I can't stand the thought of wrapping him in everything that I am going through right now. Once I yanked away from him, I automatically felt all alone. I'm scared. When I bumped into a familiar blue-haired being, I paused and sniffed, only to be yanked by the hair roughly.

I screamed.

I kicked and tried to get free, but I didn't have my weapon partners Liz and Patty with me. Handling a so-called "Assasin" on my own is something I couldn't do at the state I'm in currently. I hollered louder when Blackstar yanked me harder until I saw Soul pause.

"Blackstar?" Soul's voice soothed me, hoping and begging for him to save me. My "captor" or whatever you'd call it paused as he glared back at the weapon in annoyance.

Why was this happening? Can Soul please have him release me? The pain was making my head pound, and the way he was holding my hair... It was asymmetrical. This triggered me, clawing at the giant hand even more than before.

I felt Blackstar's hand grow stiff, my stomach dropping when I heard his voice grow loud with annoyance. 

"CAN YOU QUIT SQUIRMING?!" He looked at soul with his angry eyes. "THIS SPOILED RICH KID KEEPS STEALING YOU FROM ME. WE USED TO BE BEST FRIENDS UNTIL THIS LITTLE BRAT SIGNED UP FOR HIS DADDY'S SCHOOL. NOT ONLY THAT BUT TEACHERS LOVE HIM BECAUSE HE'S DEATH'S KID. DON'T FORGET THE LADIES WHO THINK HE'S ALL THAT AND A  BAG OF ROCKS. I LIKE YOU, SOUL. CAN'T YOU GET THAT!?"

My face went paler as I looked at Soul, expecting a look of disgust to go across his face. Surely he didn't like Blackstar... I mean, he dated me-

He smiled. 

He fucking smiled?!

[Soul's POV]

Maybe Blackstar was right. EVERYONE loves Kid. So, I'm no different, huh? I'm just having a faze.

I smiled. I looked at Kid, obviously a look of horror on his face. I'm going to TRY to get over Death The Kid. I mean, being gay... Will that make me uncool with girls? Besides their obsession over Yaoi and boy love, of course. 

I wanted to make it up with Blackstar, but not in a romantic way. Yeah, he was a close friend, but I had no feelings for him. And I probably won't. I'm trying to get over Kid, not become gayer than I already am. That's just plain stupid.

Then again, what isn't anymore?

I stopped having my little thought blurb as I looked at Blackstar. He looked joyful but nervous. I didn't blame him since he legit just yelled his feelings out IN PUBLIC. The idiot has guts, I tell ya. But, hey. He is MY friend.

"Y'know what Blackstar," I broke the silence. "I don't feel the same as you do, but maybe I can ditch the kid. Honestly, overrated things are so uncool. Same goes for people." 

Hah, Blackstar smiled like fucking usual. 

"Damn, okay." He tightened his grip on Kid, who obviously looked hurt, confused, shocked, and just a bunch of other shit. It looked... Pathetic. No, no. I can't say that. But, whatever it was, it made myself feel like shit.

This is so uncool...

I watch Blackstar yank Kid and pin him to the wall, punching him.

"COME ON, SOUL! BLACKSTAR'LL SHOW YA HOW TO BE BADASS LIKE I AM!" 

I rolled my eyes but painfully walked closer, staring Kid in the eyes. He stared back, hatred and fear littering those golden eyes I fell for. I started to melt. I gripped onto Kid's shirt, pulling my fist back, and...

I hit him.

[Blackstar's POV]

SO COOL! Not only did Soul openly AGREE WITH ME, but he PUNCHED Kid too?! This is so unbelievably cool! 

Not as cool as me, duh.

But it's pretty cool.

I watched as Kid's face slammed back into the wall and Soul dropped him almost immediately after his fist made contact with Kid's face. I gurgled a laugh in my throat but watched Soul.

I was a bit worried, yeah. Because I didn't want Soul to ditch me again and him to gang up on me with that dumb reaper kid. I mean, what was so special about him anyway? He could NEVER be as big of a star as I am. Plus, the only thing he has to brag about is that he's Lord Death's son! I already beat him once!

...Well, I mean, kinda.

Still!

Soul laughed as he clenched his fists. His hair hung over his eyes, so I really couldn't tell what emotion he had. Was he laughing in nervousness, glee, fear, sadness, regret, whatever the fuck Soul feels?

I waved my hand in front of Soul's face but he had no reaction. He relaxed and I did too. He looked and shrugged starting to walk away, but I grabbed his shoulder swiftly.

HE AIN'T BITCHING OUT ON ME!!

"HEY, HEY, HEY!! YOU ONLY HIT HIM ONCE!!" I protested, Soul, looking back unsurprised.

"Beating on people is uncool." My stomach dropped as I looked back at Kid. His mouth was bleeding as he was just sitting there. He didn't even look at us, just at the ground while he held his mouth away from us to see.

...Maybe he was right.

Nah! You MUST be joking. This is my REAL chance to surpass Lord Death!!!

"Oh, come on. Don't tell me you're gonna chicken out on beating the shit out of LORD DEATH'S SON!!! I mean, come on! We'll be WORSHIPPED! We'll be GODS!" I sneered, crossing my arms a bit too cocky.

Kid's shaky voice interrupted the calmness of the air as I cringed.

"People who hurt others... They're considered Kishin. Your souls are going to be Kishin eggs sooner or later, taking advantage of weak targets instead of going after real threats... I pity you."

I gritted my teeth as I turned to Kid, kicking him roughly in the mouth. "WHO ARE YOU TO SAY WHAT MY SOUL IS AND ISN'T, HUH?! YOU AIN'T DOCTOR STEIN!"

Kid just sat there. 

"HELLO, I ASKED YOU A QUESTION. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?"

Still nothing. I heard Soul step beside me and watch Kid. He was staring at us with almost no emotion.

"ANSWER ME, FAGGOT!"

He smiled and got up, walking off.