"he is, she is"

"he is, she is"

The day they found themselves falling in love with each other after meeting one day when he accidentally spilled coffee all over her white shirt...again?

August 4, 2014

Returning to her hometown of New Jersey, Joselyn stepped on the grounds of the familiar surroundings. Breathing in the fresh air she walked down the hallway and into the airport.

Spotting Jane who was on her phone leaning against a wall near the gate exit, she smiled as she hadn't seen her younger sister in quite a long time. Jane had changed from the quirky junior in high school, to someone who was almost done with her fourth year of college and was engaged. Jane was also taller than before, her boots adding an inch or so. Along with her growth in height, her hair was such a dark brown it looked almost black.

Over the years, Joselyn had two boyfriends none of which actually lasted for long as she thought of what had happened with Brayden and now Connor.

Joselyn had hung out with Mark whom she met while lost on a train in New York for a while but never showed any interest in him and vice versa. But over time, Mark had found himself to be attracted to not only women but men. Joselyn didn't judge him of course,as Mark was a reliable and friendly person. And well after Mark had gotten together with some guy named Vince, who was also really easy going as the months passed by Vince had gotten an offer to work at some company in California. Leaving Joselyn was hard for Mark but he had to to be with the guy he loved.

And well time passed after that when Joselyn had gotten her first boyfriend after her break up with Connor looked comparatively similar to him. He had the same green eyes but with dark brown hair. But the relationship didn't last long when Joselyn broke up with him because she felt like she only liked him because of his similarity to Connor. She felt like she was trying to hold on to something she didn't have anymore and that letting go would be best.

And so Joselyn tried to move on, she met a guy who had black hair and brown eyes, they both loved to read and were very similar to one another. But over the course of the two weeks, they had a mutual break up because even though their relationship was comfortable it wasn't truly exciting.

Joselyn was not heartbroken over her last two short term relationships but had trust issues. Joselyn now only trusted Bethany and Luke, who were currently engaged.

Speaking of the couple, they lived with Joselyn in the same apartment which Joselyn found a bit awkward. Luke had tried to set up Joselyn with one of his old middle school friends, but it was pretty recent from the break up and Joselyn felt bad for making minimal conversation with the guy because she wasn't interested.

Jane looked up to see her older sister and smiled as she ran over to her. Hugging her they exchanged 'I miss you's and headed to an airport cafe.

As they were seated, Joselyn put her luggage under the table and they sat in a booth looking at the menu.

"So, um, how are you and-" Joselyn began.

"We broke up." Jane cut off looking at her menu.

"Oh," Joselyn said.

"We were too young anyways. It was too good to be true, you know? Being engaged in college and already thinking about our future when we were still kids?" Jane said setting her menu down and sighing.

"Oh my god," Joselyn covered her mouth as she remembered exactly what Connor and herself's last conversation was started and how their relationship ended.

"What?" Jane asked.

"We broke up cause I felt pressured to be engaged because you were and it's all my fault. I-I-I just-" Joselyn said putting her face into her hands.