"he's hurt, she's broken"

The second time fate brought them together?

December 24, 2007

It had been nearly nine months ever since Connor and Joselyn had first met. Over the months, Joselyn had gone to her interview, and got an internship at a book publisher. Joselyn also got together with her longtime best friend and they were currently in a relationship.

Unaware of Joselyn's relationship status, Connor could not get his mind off of the blue eyed girl for the two months after their first meeting. He couldn't forget about her dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes. The way she shyly played with her hair when nervous and how calm she was when coffee was spilled onto her perfectly clean white shirt.

And as he was strolling down the road on Christmas eve, he thought about his family. Who were they? Were they still alive?

As he thought about these questions and more, he tucked his hands into his pockets for warmth. There was pure white snow on the ground, with the exception of few yellow spots. Along with the white and yellow snow where people in scarves and big winter coats.

As Connor walked down the block, he passed by the local bookstore and almost walked into an old man. He hadn't noticed what the old man had ever looked like, as he was almost always rushing to get to lecture on time.

The old man had many freckles on his somewhat dark skin. He had wrinkles but smiled a lot. The old man also wore a golf hat that was in a tan color, along with a grey shirt and two jackets, one red and one blue. He also wore khakis and pair of tennis shoes that were worn out.

"Sorry sir." Connor said and continued walking.

With a sudden urge to go in the bookstore, he turned around and opened the door. The small bell signalling an open door, Connor looked up and smiled. Connor had always been one to enjoy the little things in life and that bell happened to be one.

Making his way past the children's books he saw a little boy and what he presumed was his older sister, argue over a book with a small yellow duck on the cover. He grabbed a book which looked like an exact copy and handed it to the little boy, as the girl took the original copy.

The two siblings smiled and thanked Connor. Smiling back at the two, he continued walking down the make shift aisle.

As Connor walked up the tiny staircase he found the teen fiction section and began to look at all of the books. There was horror, romance, action, mystery, and a wide range of other genres.

A girl with curly light brown hair and beautiful blue eyes, who looked quite similar to Joselyn, glanced over to Connor for a second. The girl may have even been a younger relative.

"Hi," she said quietly.

Connor looked down to the brunette who resembled Joselyn and said a hello.

The Joselyn look-alike was about four foot eleven or something close to five foot, which was quiet short in comparison to Connor. Connor was about five foot eight and had always felt a bit odd, being the tallest person at his orphanage. He was even one of the tallest people in his graduating class in high school.

"I-Is your name Connor?" the young girl asked.

Connor was puzzled, how did she know his name? Did he have a name tag on?

"Y-You dropped yo-your, um, ID." she said quietly as she glanced up at him, holding up his ID.

Jane had actually known who Connor was and what he looked like because about two months ago Jane had found a white shirt hanging in the bathroom with a big brown stain in the center. Joselyn told her what had happened and how nice he was. She had, like every other person in this modern era, searched for him on Facebook.