6

Cam and Keri didn't talk for two days after that. She ignored him just like she did all of those years. Well, that was until their parents sent them to a nearby market to grab a few food items.

They both carried a few bags in their hands while walking down the street. Keri felt a hand stop her from moving. Just when she was going to scold Cam for touching her, she noticed a stray cat walking ahead of them. Her eyes became wider and she took a couple of steps back. Without realizing, she grabbed onto Cam's arm.

The cat continued walking, not even paying attention to them. The two continued to walk and she let go of him.

"Um, how'd you remember?" She  murmured. No matter how many times Keri had to tell Rebecca that she was petrified of cats, she never remembered. But Cam did remember...

"How could I forget?" He replied with his head turned away from her.

Once they reached the house, they placed the groceries in the kitchen and parted ways until about an hour later.

Keri had, had time to think about what Cam said to her. Would it be that bad if they acted like friends for the trip? It wasn't like Rebecca, or anyone from school, would find out. So she figured, what the hell?

Keri lightly knocked on Cam's door. He answered with a shocked expression on his face.

"Can we talk?" she asked softly.

His tall figure backed away from the door, allowing her to enter. She pushed her hair behind her ear and stared at the hardwood floor.

"Um, so about the other day..." she started.

Cam shut the door and watched her intently. Keri was never this nervous. She usually made other people nervous, but now the tables were turned. Well, although she may have changed her mind on being friendly towards him, she definitely wasn't going to apologize.

"Maybe I overreacted. If it's okay with you, I'd like to take you up on that offer."

Cam raised his eyebrows. "Wow. What made you change your mind?"

"I don't know..." Keri sighed, sitting down on his bed. She played with her fingers before moving her hair off of her neck. "It's just, it's only going to be for two weeks. It doesn't hurt for us to act friendly during that time."

"Okay," Cam said.

"Okay?" She looked up at him. She was expecting him to reply differently. He had shaved the stubble that was forming two days ago and his face was smooth and soft looking. His long eyelashes protected his soft blue eyes.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Wanna go down to the beach?" he suggested.

"S-sure?" She said it more like a question.

"Okay."

"I'll go, uh, get ready..." she got off of his bed and left his room. Hm. That was different.