Royal

It's hard being the 16th princess of the sirens when your in history class and the teacher says your name.

"Ariana the 13th..."

"Mam?"

"I said the 13th not 16th Aria."

"My bad Mrs. Phillips."

That happens almost every day in this class. Sirens are the least common type of witches in the Society. That's what all of us witches call home and life, the Society. The other two groups are the Good and the Bad. I know that those are stupid and cliche' names but hey I didn't name them because if I did they would be called something better than Good and Bad.

After class I have to meet up with my guard/best friend Lucas Manning. we have been friends ever since we were 4. Just last month he was assigned to be my Royal Guard. When I turn 15 my powers will be chosen between the three groups and if my powers were to be chosen by good or bad, then I will have to choose a job. No royal has ever had their powers switched. Lucas was a Siren but when he turned 15 he switched to Good and chose the job of being my Royal Guard.

"Hey Aria!"

"Hey Stalker."

"Why do you call me that again?"

"Because you have to see me after every class and you have to stalk me around my house."

"You have a point now that I think about it. Are you ready for tomorrow?"

"No I am not in any way ready for what's going to happen. I mean how am I going to know if I've switched or not?"

"Well it's hard to explain really. When your powers have been chosen one elder from each of the groups, come forward and tell you what you are."

When we turned the corner I bumped into Sally Cassidy, one of the most powerful bad magic witches in the whole school.

"Watch where you're going princess. it's not proper for a "royal" to bump into people and not apologize." She said with those black eyes that most bads had.

I could tell by the look on Lucas's face that he was about to say something that I know he would regret.

"Look I'm sorry for bumping into you okay. It was just an accident." I said as calmly as possible.

"You better watch your back princess or else." she said with a hiss.

"Was that a threat?" Lucas growled with such surprise that even Sallie looked like she was afraid.

"It wasn't a threat, it was a promise." Then she walked away, but not without a stare that could kill.

When I turned around to look at Lucas , his eyes were a dark brown.

"Are you okay?"

Then his brown eyes started to slowly turn back into his bright green eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?" He says as if nothing seemed to have happened.

"Nothing. We better get home quickly before my mom has a fit."

"Yeah you're right we should go."