Claimed

"You ready to go?"

"Yeah. Lucas, can you give me and my father a second?"

Lucas nods as he takes his place outside the castle with all of the other guards. I could barely sleep last night with all that was happening today. Being claimed, being crowned as queen, and meeting my disgusting fiancé... it's going to be a long day.

"Don't be nervous okay. No matter what you will still be my princess... well after today you'll be my queen and-"

I hug him before he embarrasses himself any more. "I love you Dad."

He sighs in my ear and pulls me closer. "Love you too."

"I should probably go before Mother makes a scene." I say as I pull away from his embrace. "I guess I'll see you when I return."

"Just breathe okay, and you'll be fine." He gives me a weak smile trying not to show how emotional he's getting.

I turn around and knock on the palace door so Lucas knows I'm ready. As the door opens I'm blinded by flashing lights and people yelling and screaming my name. When I get to the end of the steps Mother is waiting for me. When I reach her she gives me a fake smile and turns toward the limousine coming. We get in the limo followed by Lucas and two other guards.

"Your cousin Caroline will be meeting us there. Her powers are to be claimed today also." Lucas says in my ear.

My cousin Caroline is one of my best friends and would do anything for me. She has the prettiest blond hair and blue- grey eyes. She is reckless as they come and will manipulate anybody for her own personal gain. Sometimes I wish I were so that I wouldn't have to be queen.

The ride is short and quiet. We arrive at what looks like a hospital, but I know it's not. I look over my shoulder and see Caroline running over to me.

"Aria! I am so glad I got to see you before. I'm nervous. Are you? I feel like I can't stop-"

"Talking?" Lucas says.

"Shaking. I was going to say shaking." She says with her eyes filled with anger and excitement. "I can't believe today is the day. We finally find out who we truly are."

I can't speak. I'm too nervous. All I can do is stand there and smile, but it's not real. I look over at Mother who is talking to her head of security.

"It's time." a woman with black hair and huge glasses says as she walks outside to greet us. "Princess Arianna and Lady Caroline, will you please follow me. Only one guard can come in."

"I'll go." Lucas says. Mother nods.

As we start to walk forward, I look back at Mother who is smiling. I can tell she's nervous because the corner of her mouth is shaking. I turn around and keep walking.

We reach a long hallway with four doors along it.

"Choose which room you would like."

"Why do we have to choose? I thought you were supposed to tell us you know? I mean didn't you have to prep each room?" Caroline asks.

"Today is all your choice. Since Arianna was born first she gets the honor of choosing first."

I look over at Caroline and Lucas, who look at me as if I know what to do, which I don't. I look down the hall at the four doors which are marked with different colors. One blue, green, black, and gold. For some reason I decide on the gold door.

When I walk in I stop. The room is covered in gold and blue. The walls are gold, but the furniture is almost the color of my eyes, turquoise. There are two chairs, a table, and a couch. On the table there is a note.

Lay down and close your eyes.

I look around the room and decide that I might as well do as the note said and lay down on the ultra plush couch. I close my eyes and wait for what I'm supposed to do.

After what seems like an hour I hear a voice that I thought I would never hear again.

"Ari, wake up. We have to leave."

"Jackson?"

I open my eyes which are now looking into my brothers turquoise eyes. He's wearing the same exact clothes he wore the day he was killed.

"Come on we have to leave."

"Wait my powers have to be claimed I can't leave just yet."

"We have to the vampires are coming for me, we have to go."

Then it clicked. This is just a dream. "Jack, you're... already dead. There are no vamps coming. You're just a dream."

"No I'm real and they're coming! Ari you have to come with me I have to protect you."

"Jack look into my eyes." When he looks at me I can feel my magic flow through me. "Your not real and you need to leave."

Jack turns around and starts to walk out the door when he looks back at me.

"I miss you Ari and Love you."

I start to cry. "Love you and I will always miss you."

Then he's gone.

It's black and quiet. Then out of the darkness I hear an evil laugh that could only be sally's.

"Poor poor little princess. Can't even keep her brother safe. I guess since you don't have your little body guard her to protect you that I have a chance to finally give you what you deserve."

All of a sudden fire starts to fly straight toward my head. Lucky for me I duck my head. That's it I'm done.

"Two can play at this game." I can fell my magic build up into fire. The next thing I know I'm on fire, but I'm not burning to death. I turn toward the two flames that are in Sally's hand.

"How can you do that?" She exclaims with anger raging through her voice.

"Guess I'm not the little princess you thought I was."

The flames are gone and once again I'm alone. In a few minutes I'm standing beside Caroline who is crying.

"What's wrong?"

"They're going to kill him. They're going to kill Lucas."

"Where is he?"

"Over there they won't let us by."

I can't let them kill Lucas. I start to run toward the crowd of guards surrounding Lucas. I manage to push my through and see him on his knees. My mother stands in front of him her eyes glowing gold. She was going to kill him. I couldn't think I just jumped in front of him and held him close. Once again my magic was flowing and I could feel a burning sensation hit my back, but it quickly stopped.

I finally woke up.

When I looked up I saw a huge mirror on the table. As I looked in the mirror I saw my eyes and screamed. They were blue like a Siren, black like a Bad, green like a Good, and gold like a Royal.