Second in Command

"Why must she marry prince Liam? I mean I understand why you wish for her to marry immediately, but why the one person she hates more than anybody?"

I was ease dropping on my parents conversation. I had to know why she would make me do this and to see if father could some how talk some sense into my mother.

"Prince Liam has changed and matured into fine young man and one day king. I understand why Arianna hates him, but tomorrow after her powers have been claimed, she will be crowned as queen. The humans and the werewolves don't trust us and are planning on taking us down. At this moment the vampires are neutral, and the only way that the vampires will join our side is if Arianna marries Liam!.. I'm trying to save the Society, but our only hope lies in your decision Arianna. Either marry him or destroy the Society."

All of a sudden the door to my mothers study opened and I was sitting on the floor in shock. I finally realize why. Why my mother would make me marry the person that killed my brother. Jackson, the one who was supposed to be king. The one person that I loved more than anyone in the Society, in the world.

"I just don't understand why I must marry him. I mean there wasn't anything else that they could possibly want?"

"I tried to convince them to some how find another way to help us, but they said there was no other way. I'm so sorry."

Before I could even think the words slipped out of my mouth. "I'll do it. I'll marry him."

"Arianna can your mother and I talk alone please? Which means you don't ease drop."

As if! "Of course."

As soon as I closed the door I heard the wrath of my father come down on Mother.

"Look at what you've done! All you had to do was make peace with the humans, but no. You hate humans so much that you would force our daughter to marry prince Liam. The one who killed OUR son!"

"Watch your tongue! I am the queen. You are nothing but second in command. A tittle. King. You might have influence with the council, but I rule over them and they will do whatever I tell them to do! I AM THE QUEEN!"

"Until tomorrow. Tomorrow, when Arianna's powers are claimed, she will be crowned queen. Tomorrow we will become past king and queen. We will be practically nothing."

I walked away then. I couldn't listen anymore.