Chapter 4- heaven one moment, hell the next...

When I turned 11, I asked Lou for tools... i got some and i spent about 4 months building secret passages and doors. They led to sally's room, Keef's room, my room, Maranda's room, and a secret room or 3 of my own that are underground. I finally had somewhere to think... my safe haven. While I was putting locks and keyholes on them, Lou asked me to help him build. He was building me a treehouse!! Keef helped. 

     When it was done, Sally and Maranda decorated the inside... very girly yet comfortable. Thanks... So, i took a moment to gaze at our work then took my skateboard to search the neighborhood. Some guys were skateboarding too. One in particular caught my eye. He looked my age, he had dirty blond hair and blue eyes. Whoah... what's with me and blonds? Well i was to busy staring at him to notice the mailbox, so i crashed right into it and fell over backwards.

     Shit. I probably looked like an idiot... i looked over at the group... to my surprise.. he wasn't laughting. He was actually coming over by me. "Hey, you okay?" He helped me up and stared at me. I gulped and didn't say anything. "I'm Adrian by the way.. what's your name?" he smiled at me, it faded as i stayed silent, "Hey.. can't ya talk?" I looked more at him, "i'm Zeke." i smiled retardedly.

        "I haven't seen you around here... where ya from?" he seemed pretty interested. "I moved in two months ago but i've been building.. I live in the big house... with Lou and Scarlette.. I'm From Louisianna." I said trying to hide the small accent I have. "who?" He looked lost. "My... step mom and.. dad." i said like i wasn't absolutely sure. His friend called him. "Hey i gotta go.. Don't try to hide your accent by the way... it's cute." he smiled and ran back to his group. I blushed and boarded home, smiling.

          When i got there however, my spirit was broken. Scarlette was screaming at Lou and getting in her car. Lou threw a bottle of beer at her... he was drunk. I quietly looked back to where the group was and sighed.. I looked at lou and walked to the house. I bit some skin off my lip and looked away from him.

"Zeke!" He yelled towards me.

"Yea?" I asked nervously and looked at him.

"Go to your room... i'll be there in a bit to talk to you." He said normally.

I ran to my bedroom and hid my keys to my passageways. Immediately after, Lou barged in the door. "Zeke! Where were you?!" He asked angrilly. "

"I-I was Looking around the neighborhood.." I said whimpishly.

"Bullshit!!" He screamed and pulled out a whip that i have never seen before in my life, he pulled it back and smacked me in one fluent motion. "You're the reason Scarlettes pissed at me!" He whipped me once more then ripped the back of my shirt and layed me on my stomach... 10 lashes to my back was what he gave... then left me to bleed in agonizing pain.