Chapter 1-once upon a terrible day.

It all began in the morning. I woke up to screaming and the breaking of glass, empty bottles most likely. I layed there listening, not wanting to move. I heard 2 doors slam, they left. I walked out of my room and looked around. I checked on my brother and sisters, they were still asleep, thank god. I was afraid to look in the kitchen, yet, i peeked in. The whole kitchen was trashed. I walked in, my feet crushing broken glass. With a sigh i grabbed the broom and cleaned it up, as always. Just because im the oldest, it means i clean up everyone's messes and fight everyone's fights... without speaking of course. I haven't spoke more than 4 words in 2 years... My sister sally worries about me.. us.. our family.  I hug her, still not saying a word, she hugs back and usually comments on my weight, she says im only flesh and bone. I refuse to eat unless my mom, and "dad" are gone. my silent protest... my fight in the war of our family.

         Okay, your probably wondering how we got this way, right? Well... it hasn't always been bad... my parents were married after all. They got divorced on my forth birthday, they both wanted to keep the house, so they did. One owned upstairs and one owned down. And i got the attic room. 

          At the age of 5, things were looking better for us. Tabitha worked as a hair stylist and mean old Lou was a bounty hunter, you know... those people who capture fugatives or outlaws? Also known as a bail enforcement agent or a fugitive recovery agent? He loves his job... don't question it. Anyway, we lived in Monroe, Louisiana at the time. Its kind of a small city... town.. thing, but i loved it there. It was really warm there and its where i belong. My sister sally shared the upstairs with tabitha. She was like 4  then, and my brother keef, he just turned 1. So we're all a happy family right? Well... not truely.