Chapter11

The next morning I apologize to Annie. She says it is ok. "Do you ever have nightmares about Finnick?" she asks. I choose to be honest and say, "yes. I do." she looks at me, tears in her eyes. "He was a good ally. And friend..." I say. she looks at me and smiles. The train suddenly stops in district 2. We have two hours before it leaves again, so, I get out. "Dont get lost," Peeta says. "I won't," I say. I get off the train and see Gale waiting with Delly. "Hey, Catnip. we'll take you to our place." he says. I think for a second our place.

I think how they have been dating for two years... we walk past the hospital I went to when I had that fever. Their house is a good size and well built. it is made from spruce wood and Delly has lined flowers along the sides she says. I like it. we walk inside and side on a brown couch half the size of Peeta and I's. "So, Katniss, I wanted to tell you first... Delly?" Delly looks at Gale with worried eyes. then she says the unthinkable, "I'm pregnant with Gale's baby." What? Are they married too? I look at Delly's stomach. it is ever so slightly extended. Gale looks at me, his hands shaking. "Katniss?" I didn't realize how long I've been silent. "Really?" I ask. He nods. "Are you married?" I ask him.

He shakes his head and takes Delly's hand, lifting it so I can see the silver ring with a small diamond in the middle. I wrap my arms around Gale's neck, "oh my god, that's amazing!" I say. He hugs me back and says, "thank you, one more thing, we want to move back to district twelve." I gasp unexpectedly. I nod. After I take in the gigantic news, Delly and I talk about our pregnancies and how good of friends Willow and their baby will be.

I hug Delly and Gale goodbye and congratulate them before heading back to the train. When I get back, Peeta asks what we talked about. I tell him about the wedding and the baby. Peeta seems shocked. "She was my best friend... We have all grown up haven't we?" he asks. "Yes," I reply. "They will be back to 12 soon enough..." I say. "where is Willow?" I ask. "napping," Peeta says, stroking my hair. "Get a room," I hear a voice say. I turn around and see Haymitch. He is standing there with his hair brushed, and fresh breath.

"Listen, I know your angry with Effie, and... me. But you've gotta listen, we didn't know what we were doin. She was upset about schedules and stuff, I was drunk. I didn't know she would get pregnant. I had no idea. ever since we've been together, takin care of misty... ah, I dunno. she's crept up on me." he says. Those last words bring me back to Finnick telling me about how Annie crept up on him. you can love even the craziest people I guess. "I'm sorry... but Effie hurt the few feelings I have. I want to here an apology from her." I say. And I do need an apology.

That evening I was giving Willow a bath when Effie comes to the room. "Where is Peeta?" she asks. "With Johanna and Annie in the living car." I say plainly, pouring water on Willows hair. "Oh... well... I'll go get him." I smirk and wash Willows body until they are back. "Do you need something?" Peeta asks. "Um... Yes. Your cooperation and listening ears. Katniss... I am so very sorry.... for the way I spoke to you. I was so very improper. And Peeta, I am sorry for how I treated you..." she says. we wait for her to leave. When she doesn't I ask, "do you need anything else?!" I say angrily. "No... thank you," she says and then leaves.

---------------------------------------------

Hey! I changed some things in the first couple chapters so it is 2 years since the rebellion in the beginning of the book instead of 5. you will see why later :)😏😇😇😇😇