Chapter9

My mother arrives the next morning with a bag filled with baby clothes and cloth diapers. "Their yours. The clothes, not the diapers," my mother says. I smile and lead my mother to Peeta, who is sitting on the couch rocking Willow. "She looks just like Prim," she says. "Mom? Do you believe it's possible for someone who has died to relive in someone else? Like a newborn baby?" I ask her hopefully. "Well I'm sure... It may be possible yes." She says. I tell her about my dream, hoping to find answers.

My mother tells me that dreams are often memories or signs. The dream could very well have indicated that prim is living again in my daughter. I process this, imagining how she could be just like Prim. Her caring ways, her healing abilities, her smile and small delicate stature. How I can still protect her from the world up close. She is mine. She is my child, my everything. I must protect her with my all.

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿

Willow is now six months old and smiling and laughing. Her smile is just like Prim's. She sits up now and loves to hug and cuddle. I'm sitting on the floor with her, watching her play grab buttercups tail. Buttercup won't leave her side, he will sleep in her room, monitor her while playing, and follows Peeta and I when we hold her. That is all the clarification I need. Buttercup hates small children. He hisses and bites at Posy, and ran away when my mother brought children in to heal. He loves Prim. He loves Willow.

Peeta comes through the door from the bakery. "Hi," he says, "I brought Haymitch to see Willow." Haymitch walks through and looks at Willow. He has been gone in the Capitol for months, reaching it and not wanting to return I guess. "She looks like your sister." He says. "Yeah, she does." I say, picking her up and walking towards them. "I'm gonna go get Effie, she's a... Been stayin at my place for a couple a days," he says and exits the house. Peeta just smirks and I raise my eyebrows. After he's out of earshot I say, "wonder what that's about?" He smirks again and picks up Willow. "Hi my girl!" He says. She smiles at him the most, even though I have her most of the time while he is at the bakery.

I never realized till now how Peeta was destined to be a father. His warm smile, strong hold, and loving words. Now that we have Willow, it is almost impossible to imagine not being her mother, or having another... After Effie comes and goes, Peeta studies Willow. "You look tired sweetie..." Peeta says. Willow lays her head on his shoulder and drifts off. "Here, I'll take her upstairs." I say, grabbing her. "I'll come too," Peeta says lifting my chin and planting a kiss on my lips. I let him keep kissing me, knowing he wants to. He doesn't know that I want to as well sometimes. He stops kissing me when Willow stirs. I walk up the stairs and into her room. As I lay her I feel her body relax. I watch her for a minute, noticing her soft olive skin and dark curling hair, before Peeta takes my hand and holds me.

"Come on," he says, picking me up and walking me to our bedroom. I lay on our bed and Peeta comes over next to me and kisses my lips over and over, not wanting to stop, I kiss back. I open my mouth wide, he lets his tongue join and I do not stop him. I didn't know someone could kiss this long. I pull off his shirt and undo the button on my pants and pull them down as Peeta removes my shirt. He unbuttons his pants as well and I pull them down. My bra somehow came undone, so I shake it off. My bare breasts touch Peeta's chest as he hovers above me. I close my eyes, feeling his warmth against me. When I open them I see Peeta's underwear falling off the side of the bed.

I examine his body. He is not the stalky kid with matted blonde hair anymore, he is a well built yet skinny man, with soft, shiny hair covering his head. He is mine. Before I know it, Peeta is removing my underwear, and sliding his hands up my back and sitting me up, pulling me close to his body. He kisses me on the neck and up my cheek. I let him kiss me and caress my hair for as long as he wants.

"I love you, Peeta" I say, "don't ever let go of me..." I say, drifting off into a land of beauty and happiness. When I become aware of my surroundings again, I realize Peeta has stopped. He is lying next to me. Looking at me the same way he always does when I wake from sleep. He didn't. He didn't let go of me. He holds me in his arms as tightly as possible without breaking me. "Are you okay?" He asks me. I nod and lay my head on his chest. The bed is wet and I smell the unpleasant familiar smell of sex. "C'mon, let's go take a bath," I say. Peeta smiles and nods, "okay." He says.

Sitting in the hot water feels good on my rubbed skin. I sit on Peeta's lap facing him, my legs wrapped around him. Peeta cups his hands and fills them with water, pouring it on my head. He caresses my hair until it's slicked back. I lay a hand on his chest and gently allow it to fall. "Your beautiful, Katniss... So, so beautiful. I love you..." Peeta's words make me want to kiss him again, so, I do. At first they are gentle, then they become more powerful and desirable. As they slow they become gentle again. Peeta gives one last kiss, drys off, and carries me back to bed...