09

long chapter just for y'all 💞
* 2 weeks later *

|| Kharisma ||

I sat in the living room watching Kacey as he slept .
I picked at my finger nails . The hot water was still cut off , I've been boiling water . I didn't complain because my mama paid the light bill .

The house phone ranged and I walked to the table and answered it .

It was a collect call from prison .

Dad - Kharisma

Me - hey dad I said cheerfully I haven't heard from him in a minute .

Dad - why didn't you tell me ? was the only thing he asked . His voice was deep and filled with nothing but disappointment .

Me - why didn't I tell you what ? I played stupid

Dad - WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU TELL ME HOW THAT BITCH BEEN ACTING ? GOT YOU OUT HERE IN A HOUSE WITH NO FUCKING WATER ?!

I stayed silent wondering how did he know . I don't talk to any of my family , all they do is talk about and bash my mother so I keep them out my business .

Tears fell from my eyes .

Dad - why ?

Me - dad I said lowly

Dad - don't cry baby his voice softened

Me - I didn't tell you because there's nothing you can do while your there .

The line went silent for a while before the operator told us we had 30 seconds remaining .

Dad - I'm sorry for yelling at you mamas . It just piss me off how I'm hearing about your mama . Your a fucking kid , you should be at school not - he stopped rambling I just want you to go to granny house .

He told me he loved me and that was the last thing I heard before the call was ended .

I took a deep breathe , I don't want to go to my granny house . All imma hear from her is her talking about my mama .

I don't wanna hear that .

I looked at the time and seen it was almost time for me to go get Spiracy off the bus so I woke Kacey up .

Me - come on fat man

I locked the house up and made my way down the street with him holding my hand .

I signed her off the bus and she held my other hand as she rambled on to me about her day . I just smiled as I listened .

Konspiracy - what are we doing ?

Me - just get in I opened up the car door and bucked her and Kacey in .

I got in the front seat as Dee glared at me .

Dee - what do you want lil girl ?

Me - will you take me to me to the east side ?