Chapter-2

Aara-

Allahu Akbar,Allahu Akbar,Ash hadu allah ilaha illal-lah....."..It was the soothing sound of the Adhan that woke Aara up from her dreamless slumber.Searching for her phone with one hand,Aara switched off the alarm that was about to go crazy in a few minutes.She felt happy waking up to the sound of Adhan,instead of other artificial means.Stifling a yawn that was about to break on her face,she rid herself from the light blanket which hovered above her.

The tranquil surrounding was overwhelming and the voice of the Muajjin seeped through her veins,calming every nerve of her body.Magical indeed the words of our lord are.What a beautiful way to wake up!She thought.A gift from the eternal Master.She thanked Allah for that yet another priceless blessing of His.

Slowly,she made her way to the bathroom to make wudhu.Fajr was undoubtedly her favourite time of the day.She felt the presence of the Almighty most at this time; partly because she knew Allah is closest to His followers during Fajr and partly because her mind was free of all the worldly worries.It seems the world is in a daze.Only the believers could relish on this heavenly moment.It is divine..

She spread out the prayer rug and with the name of Allah started her salah.It's one of those times when our prayers are listened,when Allah(SWT) waits to give His believers whatever they ask of.So she asked of Allah the only thing that she deserve to ask.His forgiveness..

********

Her eyes fluttered open as the sun's rays tiptoed through the parted curtains.Aara crept out of the bed and opened the window.The sky,a perfect shade of blue and white unfolded above and a lazy breeze that smelt of salt from the beach blew carelessly.It was one of those beautiful  mornings where she could enjoy playful eye contacts with the sun without lowering her head within a fraction of a second.The golden ball of fire being at its calmest mood,spreading soothing warmth all around.Mornings of just her type.

With a small smile dancing upon her lips,Aara proceeded with the day saying Bismillah.Weekends used to be her favourite once upon a time,when her life was all black and white,no grey areas.But now,she was not so sure.Eversince that fateful day her life went on a frenzy ride of uncertainty.She could not predict what will happen next,and every time a gnawing fear eats away her insides.She knew she should not worry too much on tomorrow and leave everything on Allah's hands,still Aara could not stop her mind running a million miles whenever it got the chance!

It was her second semester of medical school,one of the most challenging aspects of her life.Aara,on the other hand,was never afraid of challenges that concerned studies.It was something which she thought as stable.Like they say,as you sow,so you reap.Study hard,and I can inshallah,ace through all my exams.That was her mantra.She seemed to be in control of herself when it comes to the life of medical school and Aara liked being in control.It was home which consisted of a bumpy ride.

She took a shower and wearing a deep blue maxi dress,headed downstairs.

The smell of roasted vegetables tickled her nostrils.Aara always had a thing for vegetables along with chocolates.Weird combination,she knew,but nevertheless she loved them both.

"Assalamualaikum mum,. Good Morning!".Aara shouted out to her mother once she entered the living room.Her little sister came running towards her with her mouth full of cereals.

"Goooommonin Aar" ,she semi-squealed.Oh,how Aara loved this kid.Arshia, her fiver year old little sister.

"Goodmorning love! I see you're having breakfast but why without me?" she pouted.Arshia gigled and ran to the kitchen table.

"Hurry!!OrI'lleataaaall"-Arshi shouted.

"Do not speak while you eat,how many times will we tell you Arshi!Did you even say bismillah before you started?" Aara asked her.She nodded quickly.

"Arshi,where's Mom?"Aara asked as she made her way to the kitchen sink.

Her face fell when the question escaped Aara's mouth.And she stayed quiet looking on the floor.

"Mamma is upstairs Aar.She looked sad" she mumbled.

A tight knot formed in her stomach and suddenly she started feeling sick.All the cheerfulness,everything vanished in an instant as she ran for her mother's room.Allah please don't let this happen again.Don't.Don't.Don't.We don't deserve this.Please Allah let not what I'm thinking be true.She prayed silently.

She shoved open the door of her room and there stood her mother, with her back against her, folding one of Dad's creased shirt nicely and keeping it inside the wardrobe.

"Mom?"

Please Allah show me her smiling face.Aara prayed.She turned to her daughter,slowly,with a smile.A forced smile she knew right away.

"Salam dear.When did you wake up?"

"Just now" Aara answered quietly.Her mom's eyes were red and puffy.They were wet.Her mom had been crying.Again.

------------------------------

Assalamualaikum everyone.So my second official chapter is finally here....Please tell me how is it!!!
Remember me in your prayers..
And dont forget to vote nd comment!!!!!

Quotes of the day-

"When we fall in love with Allah,the world turns into Jannah."

"Be the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hand that crushes it."