Art Girl and Wolf Boy. We Sound Like a Bad Kid's TV Show. (14)

"Marky Mark. I kinda think it's out of your hands now."

"I do too."

"So I'm going to ask one time and only ONE TIME. Who in the hell did you bring into this?"

"Nobody, I swear."

"Don't lie to me." I spat. "I'll tear out these chains and beat you with them."

He sounded a little scared when he answered, "Just a friend of mine."

"WHO?"

"Um, Brian."

"Brian who?"

"Brian McKinley."

"And what did you tell him to do?"

"Spy on your boyfriend. Find some dirt. And instead, we found fur." He stopped. I clanked the chains against the floor to urge him on. He continued, "We looked him up and found out where he lived. On the day that were supposed to go to his house, Brian brought a girl with him."

"Describe her." I snapped.

"Tall, blonde hair down to her waist, brown eyes--"

"Go on with the story." I was strictly business. The girl he had described was the one who helped kidnap me.

"We got to his house and she said she knew it. Her eyes got kind of big. When someone came out on the porch we left." He took a deep breath. "She called someone named Travis and had him go to your house, you know, scare you a little."

"Why?"

"She said she wanted to be sure of something." His voice was devoid of all emotion. We went to McDonald's and got something to eat. She said she had to go the the bathroom and left, but didn't come back. Brian left too."

When I saw her later that night, she showed me the video. I couldn't believe it, you know? Anyways, she said that I couldn't tell anyone I knew."

"But you told me."

"I knew you'd go out on a date with me if you did."

"You're filth. I wouldn't let you within three inches of my niece." My aunt snapped.

"Go Aunt K! I'd give you a high five, but of course the chains are on me so I can't really do that right now..."

Jude's POV:

The house was empty, and there were two unfamiliar scents inside of it. That was my first warning.

My second warning was the cut phone line. I whipped out my dead cellphone and rummaged through the drawers, luckily finding a cellphone charger that fit my Blackberry. I plugged it in, trying to remain calm. If I shifted, I wouldn't be able to talk over the phone, not mention pick it up.

10 missed calls.

Dylan, my beta, the fifth in command (John), and my mother had called multiple times while I was out looking for a birthday present for Dylan.

Yes, that's what I was doing. Our birthdays were tomorrow.

I pressed the green button and John answered on the first ring.

"John."

"Alpha. No disrespect intended, but where in the HELL are you? Your mate's got a hunch."