Art Girl and Wolf Boy. We Sound Like a Bad Kid's TV SHow. (7)

Jude's POV:

"What are you grinning about?" My sister asked. I pecked her on the cheek and shook my head. "Nothing."

I started walking away, but froze when I heard what she said next.

"I know about Dylan."

I glared accusingly at Jeb, who was passing through. He held up his hands. "Eh, don't blame me, blame the kid."

"What does Hannah have to do with this?" I sucked in a breath. "Hannah!" I called. She walked in a minute later, holding Herme in her arms. "Yes Uncle Jude?"

I crouched down to her level, looking her in the eyes. "Did you go to Dylan in wolf form?"

"I didn't mean to, honest." She said. "She showed me the picture that she drew. It's really pretty."

"I thought it was exaggerated." Mina said, smiling. I grinned. "Was it good?"

"It was awesome!" Hannah piped. "But, she said there was something missing. We tried to figure it out." I put my head in my hands. God, I was in deep crap. Oh well, I'll explain tomorrow.

"Okay. I'm going for a run, anybody want to come?"

"Nah. Hannah's on punishment anyways." Mina said, giving her a look. Hannah huffed dramatically and went back her room. Jeb wrapped his arms around Mina's waist and kissed her neck.

"Jude." Mina said, closing her eyes.

"I'm out, I'm out. Try not to scar my niece." I ran out the door and took off my clothes, dropping them on the steps and shifting into my wolf form. I started running.

I was running for about an hour before I finally stopped, panting. I could hear cars passing by every once in while, so I knew I was close to the road. And then I heard it.

A crash. And then it was like a strong fist had wrapped itself around my heart and squeezed. I collapsed and whimpered in pain, and I knew: Dylan was in trouble. I ran towards where I heard the crash just in time to see her head flop to the side. I howled in pain and quickly shifted, running to the car and pulling her out.

"Dylan!?! DYLAN!" She was breathing, but faintly. There was a moan from the passenger seat. I looked and felt like crying.

A guy. She had been with a guy. Not with her aunt, like she had said earlier, but with a guy. He blinked at looked at me. I resisted the urge to rip him to pieces and instead, clutching her to my chest, ran to the hospital. I ran through the doors, making sure not to jostle her and when the nurse's head snapped up, her eyes widened and she yelled, "Doctor!"

A guy ran out and disappeared, then came out with a stretcher and a gas mask. I gently but hurriedly laid her down and they started wheeling her to the E.R. I was walking right along with him. A blushing nurse stopped me at the double doors. "Sir, you can't go in there."

"I need to! I need to make sure she's okay, I need to make sure that, that I won't live out the rest of my life with a broken heart! Please, I'm begging you. Just...please."

"I'm sorry."

My emotions were getting out of hand. I needed to calm down before I shifted. I closed my eyes and began breathing in and out, trying to clear my mind. I could do this. I was an alpha. When I opened my eyes, the nurse was staring at me. ALL of me. I cleared my throat and she flushed. "I'll--I'll get you a--a hospital gown."

"Thanks."

She walked away, giving me one last, long glance. I shook my head and saw people in the lobby, staring at me. I moved behind a fake plant. A minute later, the nurse came back, holding out a hospital gown. I slid it on. "I could tie up the strings for you." She said flirtatiously.