13

(Back to Emma's POV)

   It has now been 3 weeks since the incident. I am fully recovered, and I am not depressed. I have thought a lot about what happened, and I realized that I need to ignore the mean fans. They are just jealous that I know the boys.

   I was almost fully healed, too, but I would still have some scars on my stomach and wrists.

   I woke up on Tuesday to Zach sitting on my bed, poking me on the forehead.

   "What do you want, idiot?" I sighed, pulling the blankets over my head.

   "It's 11! Get up for goodness sakes!" He said.

   Wow, that's a record for sleeping in.

   "Alright, alright," I sat up. "Thank you for getting me up."

   He smiled cheekily before leaving. I put on some ripped jeans and a Why Don't We Marais T-shirt. I walked downstairs and grabbed 3 pancakes, drenching them in syrup.

   "You don't need all that sugar," Corbyn joked. I gave him a not-so-nice finger before sitting down at the bar.

   It was only when I began to eat that I realized that Corbyn was the only one in the room.

   "Where is everyone?" I asked nervously. Corbyn grinned, handing me a note.

   Listen to Corbyn, be ready at 5:30. Dress casual but nice xx
   -Jo

   I looked up at Corbyn, who was smiling like mad.

   "What's going on?"

   "Jonah is taking you on your first official date," Corbyn beamed. "Go get ready!" He pushed me up the stairs.

   In my bedroom, I kept on my ripped jeans but changed into a black crop top and white converse. I straightened my hair and put on a little makeup.

   I can't believe I'm going on a date with Jonah! This is what I've been waiting for for weeks now. It was only 2:50, so I sat on my bed, playing Twisty Road on my phone. There was a knock on the door, and Corbyn came in and sat down next to me.

   "Are you excited?" He asked me happily.

   "YES!" I squealed. "But I'm super nervous."

   "You'll be fine, just think of it like all of the other times you've hung out with him." He said.

   "Wish me luck, and thanks, Corbyn. I love you so much." I said, hugging the blue-eyed boy.

   "Of course! Now let's go!" He smiled, grabbing my hand. "You have a date to get to!"

   We walked downstairs, and out to the car, where Daniel sat in the driver's seat. He quickly got out and opened the passenger side door.

   "Good luck." Corbyn said, kissing me on the forehead before I got in the car. Daniel shut the door and got in the other side.

   "So," I grinned. "Why are you guys matching outfits?" They were both wearing black skinny jeans with white button-ups.

   "Jonah's orders," he explained. I nodded.

   "Where are we going?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"Ah, now that I can't tell you." He smirked. "Trust me, it will be good. Don't be nervous."

Nodding, I pulled out my phone and texted Kennedy and Grace.

What even is this