Melons, Lemons, and Lime... like everywhere.

After yesterday’s incident, I didn’t want to come to school, because if I did, that would mean seeing Richard, and he’s the last person on earth that I’d want to see. But I can’t avoid him forever now can I? So I slipped on my usual outfit; big shirt, blue jean and converse. As I was contemplating on whether I should tie my hair up, or leave it down, I heard someone knocking on my bedroom door.

I finished up, deciding that I let my hair down for once. LMFAO’s Sexy and I Know It blasted through my phone at that very moment, the screen showing ‘Ashley Poopy-Cooper’.

“Hullo~? What’s up?” I said, picking up the call. I was answered with three knocks from the door.

I clutched my phone to my chest, blocking out any sound from coming through.

“James, chill, I’ll be down in a sec.” I said as I stingily walked towards the door.

I placed my phone back against my ear, “Ashley? What’s—“, the line went dead before I could ask her why she called oh-so-early in the morning. I slung my backpack on, put my phone in my right pocket where I always put it, and walked out of my room.

I opened my door, and this is what I see;

Ashley Poopy-Cooper is staring at me (…?)

She’s got hot chocolate in her hand,

And she bought it just to share it, share it…

I’m sexy and I—

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Ashley hugged the living lights outta me.

“Ashley, I—can’t—breathe – and you’re—burning my arms—okay?” I said breathlessly.

“Oh. Ha-ha. Sorry. Hot chocolate..?” She offered me my favorite hot white chocolate. “I’m sorry about Richard, Nikki. You know you’re beautiful, and he doesn’t deserve someone like you. He’s an ass, and you’re everything that he’s not.”

We headed outside, riding her car to school, and I found myself thinking,

‘Yeah, I’m everything that he’s not. And I’m everything that you’re not too, Ash. You guys got good looks, good family, complete set of parents, and popularity.  Me? I have a dead father, and obnoxious twin brother, and probably the best thing I have—my mom. I’m a cast-out, poor, ugly little nerd. All I need to be a smurf is to go skinny dipping in blue paint.’

I sighed as I noticed that I have once again, been lost in my own world. We arrived at school 15 minutes early, so Ashley asked if we could have a quick breakfast at the school cafeteria. Our school is pretty good. We have our own little Taco Bell corner in the eastern part, and clockwise from there we also have Jamaican. Not too far from that, there’s also a school café called Walker’s run by our sponsor, Walker's Inc. The most succesful business company here in Billes.

“So what do you want to eat?” I asked Ashley, linking our arms together.

“I feel like having…”

Uh-oh. I should have never asked her. Bad Nikki! It takes Ashley 20 minutes counting up the calories on food and whatnot. She’s a total calorie-freak. I should’ve thought before I spoke.

“Ash, why don’t we check out Walkers' today? Cool? Huh?” I quickly disrupted her as she counted her calorie intakes. I steered her toward our little café, as I pointed to the big olive green big olive green board showing the menu.

“Ooooh look, they have their signature Panini!” I semi squealed. I absolutely LOVE Walkers' Panini’s! And they give out free green apples with peanut butter. Yum!