So it begins...

Chapter One: Yesterday

Hi, I'm Nikki, not Nicole, just Nikki. I've never had a boyfriend, and I never bothered to. We all know how relationships end up right? You fall in-love, he does too, then y'all end up together, then a hoe comes into the story, and like Cinderella when the clock strikes at midnight, you lose your shoe; your supposedly, so-called, other half. Only some relationships last, and the couple live a 'happily ever after' ending. But that's for Cinderella, not me, not Nikki Greene. Even though Cinderella died, and so does her Prince Charming in the end, but they didn't include it in the story. Whatever though.

And so my story starts.

The reason I don't love, well not anymore, is because whenever I like a guy, they always (yup, you heard me) always, fall for my best friend Ashley Cooper, the campus most-wanted female. You see, we've known each other for all our lives. We were like the perfect PB&J sandwich for a fat PB&J loving kid. The only problem is, I'm not the PB, nor am I the J. Unfortunately, the way I see it (as well as everyone does) I'm the measly dollar and a half worth of loaf. I stand at 5ft 3inches, with big brown eyes, long slightly wavy jet black hair, with a face equipped with over sized glasses and teeth braced with, well, braces. I'm the whole package of nerdiness, if that's even a word, but Microsoft says otherwise. How I hate it when Microsoft corrects me. Like hello Mr. Microsoft do I look like I freaking care?! Sigh..

While I'm the girl with the traits I mentioned, Ashley is just, drop dead gorgeous. If people can die of gorgeousness they would actually be falling before my best friend's feet. Like seriously.

A gray-eyed brunette with a 23 inch waist; no hormonal teenage guy could resist to that! Needless to be said, guys easily fall for her looks and good personality, while I'm the ugly, uninteresting, nerdy best friend. The funny thing is, whenever she posts a photo on Facebook, she gets a hundred or so likes in 5 minutes, and if I post a photo, I get 2 likes. Who from? My mother and my best friend. Ha. Ha. Wait for it-ha. Enter super sarcastic emoticon here. It's depressing, really.

I remember that dreadful day when my first love-not like-love, broke my puny little heart in pieces, like it was yesterday. Why though? Not because of a cliché 'omg I so can't get over him I love him even with the little pieces of my heart' type of way, but because it did happen yesterday; on my 18th birthday, the day when I become a legal adult here in Billes.

That day, I woke up to a normal Monday morning, or so I thought I did. I woke up to the song Baby by Justin Bieber. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against him, or her, or whatever his gender is, but I simply picked that song as my alarm solely because it is so damn annoying.

'And I was like baby, baby, baby ohhh,

Like baby, baby, baby no!

Like baby, baby, baby, oh!

Thought you'd always be mine, mine.'

Right after the chorus ended, my brother screamed, "Nikki would you shut that stupid phone or yours before I throw it out the window and not drive you to school!"

I heard the door of his room open, and close. And seconds later he was banging on my bedroom door. That was one of the things I didn't like having him stay across of my room.

"NIKKI FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET THE HELL UP! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" he said as he continued banging on my door. I grunted as I pick up my phone that was mysteriously lying on the floor and shut JB up.

"James! How many times do I have to tell you that there WILL be NO swearing in this house dammit!" my hypocrite of a mother said.

I lazily got up and showered, did all those hygienic musts, and put on my black oversized The Beatles shirt with blue jeans and a pair of my favorite black converse. As I was heading downstairs to the kitchen, I glanced at the clock hanging on the end of the corridor.

"7:45" I read to my self. 7:45..7:45? Wait.. 7:45?! Bejeezum, I'm running late! How can that be?! I set my alarm at 6:00! I quickly checked my Samsung Galaxy S2 that I got last year and I discovered that I've hit the poor snooze button 21 times. My eyes widened at the thought, "21 times?!"

I ran downstairs and took a bite on a banana and gulped down my milk. I kissed my mom goodbye and ran to the garage to find out that my good 3minutes-older-than-me brother left me.

"Ugh! And he calls himself my big brother! The nerve!" I muttered to myself. "Well, I guess a little workout won't hurt."

I stretched a little, and sprinted full on t school. I'm part of the track and field team so I'm pretty fast. I arrived at Greenfield High just in time with 5 minutes to spare. I looked around me and spotted my brother leaning against his car with a blonde chick under his right arm. Have I mentioned that my brother is gorgeous? He stands at 6ft 1 with shaggy brown hair. I don't want to admit it to myself, but damn my brother is fine. Only if he wasn't such a pain in the butt cheeks. I ran up to him and kicked his shin, and I kicked it hard.

"What the hell was that for Nikki?!" he said as he winced in pain.

"Oh that? Um, that's what you get for leaving me this morning you jerk face! And you call yourself my big brother?! You left me running to school just so you can arrive in time for a make-out session with Little Miss Bimbo here-ON MY BIRTHDAY!" I glared at him, annoyed.

"Sorry, sis" he said not looking the least bit sorry, "I had to pick up Camille here" gesturing to the Blond Barbie Bimbo.

"YOU-", just as I was about to say something back, the bell rang. I glared at him again and sprint walked to my Biology Class, but I never ended up there. I slowly opened my eyes as I remember colliding with a wall. No, that wasn't a wall. It felt like a chest, a man's chest. My vision cleared as I saw the guy I've been crushing on, his face hovering above me, inches away from mine.

"Ha."