CHAPTER ONE

[ CHAPTER ONE ]

Rocky sighed as she set her bowl of cereal on the table, plopping down in one of the few chairs that surrounded the table. She was frustrated to say the least, yet another night where her father had not come home, it gave Rocky anxiety knowing that he could be hurt or even worse; dead. Her father meant everything to her, and if anything happened to him she would be devastated, even though her father wasn't the best he still tried his best for his kids, which is what she admired about him.

"He is fine, I promise okay?" Fangs spoke looking her in the eye as he grabbed a pop tart out of the cabinet, she gave him a confused look.
"He texted me like 15 minuets ago, he will be home when we're done with school." Fangs gave Rocky a reassuring smile before heading back into his room.

Rocky finished her bowl of cereal then set the bowl in the sink. "I guess I just don't understand why he does it, like what is so hard about coming home to your children at night?" she says slapping her hand down on her thigh as she finished speaking. "You know what?" Rocky asked hypothetically, still standing in the kitchen. "Forget it, if he's home by the time I'm done with school, I'll be happy."

Heading to her bathroom to get ready, Rocky took her hair out of its nasty bun, and inspected it continuing to then brush it. Moving on to her make up, she did her mascara and eyebrows and applied a slight amount of blush to her cheeks and nose.

"Hurry the hell up, I swear you're slower than a turtle." Fangs pounded on the bathroom door groaning, making Rocky jump out of her skin and drop her eyeshadow palette, only for it to shatter once it hit the cold ground.

"Look at what you just did!" She spoke swinging the door open. Her brothers eyes falling to the ground where her makeup lay. "Hurry up then." He stated with a smirk that showed no remorse, shoving her out of the bathroom and locking the door.

"You're a bitch Fangs." She yelled walking into her room to get dressed. It took a long battle in her head to decide what to wear but she eventually picked out some destructed mom jeans, an olive gran crop top, and an oversized navy jacket paired with normal white high top converse. Rocky had two styles, laidback like today, or decked out in heels and jewels, both styles were common and it just depended on the mood the fierce lady was feeling.

She put on deodorant and some perfume before sliding into her outfit, before she walked out of her room she looked in the mirror to make sure she looked ok. Waiting in the living room was her brother, Fangs. Rocky and Fangs has been inseparable since birth, Rocky always counted her blessings, Fangs being one of the biggest. She didn't understand exactly what she did to deserve a brother like him. But to be quite honest Fangs felt the sane way about Rocky, and sure both of them could easily admit that they fought a lot but they knew it was never serious.

"You ready?" Fangs asked raising his eyebrows pulling Rocky from her thoughts, "yeah, let's go." She smiled grabbing her book bag off the hook and headed out the door to her brothers bike and hopped on behind fangs.

+

Lunch time rolled around and Rocky could not be more happy to get a break from school work, Rocky always have her best in school because some day she wanted to get out of this shit show of a town and the only way to do that was through school.

As she neared the cafeteria, she heard a familiar voice echo near her, "Well, would you look at this, why do you look so fine today?" She could hear who it was, she could smell Malachai. She stopped dead in her tracks, turning around with a dry chuckle.

With the coldest glare she could possibly give, she stared at Malachi before speaking. "Would you look at that, a man who thinks he has the slightest bit of authority over me, but really he's just a useless sack of sh-"

"Shut the fuck up serpent slut." He cut in, sliding out his knife in a quick action, poking her nose with it. Rocky once again just smiled, grabbing his wrist and twisting it until she heard the knife drop to the floor. She looked up at all the surrounding ghoulies about ready to lunge at her with their own knives.

"If any of you hoes try something i will slit your throat faster than you can take a breath, got it?" She snapped. "And for you Malachi, I will not hesitate next time." Giving a sarcastic smile, Rocky released his wrist and continued to walk to the lunch room.

+

"What did I tell you Roks, you're going to get yourself killed one day." Fangs spoke causing her to snap her head to face him. "I'd love to see him try." She spoke, her tone laced with ginger

"It's true, let's not forget what she did to that ghoulie two months ago." Toni said clicking her tongue. "They couldn't kill her even if they wanted to." Sweet pea spoke, looking rocky in the eye smiling. Rocky smiled back not knowing what it was that the boy did to her.

Rocky had known Sweet pea for more than a couple of years, him and Fangs had always been really close friends. Sweet pea was always over at their house hanging out with Fangs and sometimes other friends from around town. Rocky loves when he cane over, not just for the sole reason that she developed a huge crush on him but also because they were really close friends.

"What do we have planned for tomorrow?" Rocky asked, she liked knowing her agenda for the next day. "Well I don't know about them, but I have to give FP's son a tour, could you please help me?" Toni asked Rocky, to which she pouted and whined. "Oh my gosh, please?" Toni begged.

Rocky sighed and began to speak "Fine, but you know I hate northsiders, I can tell you right now that he won't leave his little northside girlfriend." She finished looking around at her friends. "You know what, I'll take it." Toni squealed wrapping her arms around her best friend.