Chapter 3

**Krystal**

I woke up to the sound of my phone blaring out the chorus of the song 'Payphone' by Maroon 5. I knew the ringtone had to be for none other than Monica. I reached for it and answered reluctantly.

"Hello?" I said groggily, rubbing my eyes

"Hola! Chica que pasa?" A shrill voice answered on the other line making me jump a little.

Only Monica would be that excited in the morning. I looked at the time on my phone 6:30 a.m! Why would she call me so early? It was probably 7:30 or something in Newyork.

"Geez, why are calling me so early have you forgotten I'm not exactly a morning person? and why are you up so early" I said a bit ruder than I intended. I just wasn't a morning person and sleep was very important to me.

"Oh yeah, sorry I completely forgot, but since our best friend didn't even call us yesterday to tell us she landed safely, excuse me for wanting to check up on her." She said her accent was extremely thick. I heard a shrill giggle and I immediately recognized that as Cashae's laugh.

They must have had a sleepover.

I felt a pang of jealousy as I imagined them getting closer without me, just one day after I was gone. I sighed, "Sorry you guys, I was just busy helping my mom unpack and you know jetlag and stuff."

"Oohh ok good, so how is Texas? Are they nice? Have you met any boys? Are they cute?" Cashae started asking me so many questions.

"Shae one question at a time." I heard Monica say.

"What I just want to know" Cashae answered back. I didn't want these two arguing when I was miles away from them, it could get ugly.They didn't exactly see eye to eye on lots of things.

"Its fine, Nica and Shae Texas is nice it's a little breezier here than I thought, and lots of trees and houses ,definitely different than New York, I don't know about the people yet I just moved here technically and the boys..." I paused remembering about Scott, the guy I met yesterday with that banging Range Rover and how he could possibly be one of my  neighbors. I didn't want to tell them about him yet, knowing Cashae she would probably demand I send her a picture of him and search him on Facebook or something, so I simply said "I haven't really met any boys yet guys it's only been a day, but when I do, you know I'll let ya'll know, Anyways you guys I'm tired and sleepy. Can I call ya'll later?" I yawned.

I heard the disappointed groan from Monica "Ok fine, you better call us, we love you and miss you already! Chica Adios."

"Byeeee!" Cashae said, and with that I hung up the phone and proceeded back to my sleep.

**4 hours later

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom. I couldn't help but think about what I would do here today. Back home in New York I would always be out with my friends, whether it was out shopping in Soho or sightseeing in Times Square. I was never bored. But here I didn't know anyone yet and school hadn't started so I would have to wait at least a month until I finally made friends.