Chapter 42

Not Edited, Excuse mistakes, I was a bit sleepy when I wrote this so things might be changed and fixed around. Anyways thanks for reading :)

Krystal

December 23, 2013

"Mom no way!" I found myself yelling to my mom, as I placed my coffee down on table. I can't believe she would seriously do that. I mean I know they have been openly dating for about a month now,and I happen to like Jonathan but still.

"Sweetheart please, its the Holidays and he has no where to go , you know his ex wife is in California right now  along with Chloe, its only him and Chase and they needed somewhere to go, its the least I could do inviting them."My mom pleaded with me, reaching over to grab my hands.

I should have known she had something to tell me, when I woke up to her preparing grits, eggs, bacon,my favorite breakfast by the way , with  some coffee and a fruit salad, too early in the morning. I just thought she was in a good mood or just being a nice mom :p.

Then after she made sure I was well fed and happy she dumps this news on me , about inviting Chase and his father over for christmas. O.o

"So what Mom, I'm sure they have plenty of friends they could go spend Christmas with, look mom its gonna be awkward you know Cashae and Monica will be here, and Scott might even drop by, what am I gonna say to them when they show up ?".

"Honey why don't you let me deal with that, besides Cashae and Monica has no business knowing who I'm dating or not, and he already told me they would be glad to come here for the holidays so I can't univite them now,  Besides why would it be awkward if Scott shows up with Chase here?" She questioned.

That shut me up for a second, I never really did tell her that Scott and Chase were not exactly on the best terms, especially when it came to me.

"Uh, well you see, Scott and Chase aren't really fond of each other like that"I said summing it up the best way I could, fiddling with my glass, avoiding eye contact with her.

"What do you mean they are not fond of each other?" She said questioned again.I finally looked up to her in her eyes, cause she hates when i don't make eye contact with her when she's talking to me.

"I mean they don't really like each other, as in its probably not a good idea if Scott sees Chase sitting at our dinner table on Christmas". I said hoping my mom would just get the hint already, but instead she narrowed her eyes suspiciously and asked "Why exactly would him seeing Chase here be a problem?"

I averted my eyes from her gaze and looked around the room hesitantly, I usually did that when I was hiding something and I knew my mom would  catch on to that, she knows me too well.

"Honey, is there something you are not telling me ?" My mom asked in her stern mommy voice.I remained quiet and still in my spot. "Krystal!" She yelled startling me .

"Ok fine, Scott and Chase don't really like each other, ever since like two years ago when they got in a fight because Chase was being a jerk and they just haven't really gotten over it , so yeah.." I trailed off still avoiding her gaze, hoping that she would just drop it already.

"Ok but , what does that have to do with you? I'm the one inviting him and his Dad not you" She questioned again. Ugh it takes my mom to never drop a topic, I guess I might as well go on and say it now.

"ChaseusedtolikemeandScottfoundoutanditstartedallthisdramabetweenusScottandIevenendedupbreakingupfora

whilebutnowwearefineandIjustdon'twantthemtobeinthesameroomasmecauseitcouldstartsomethings" I said really fast and not taking a single breath in between, Hoping my mom wouldn't really catch on to what I said, but of course as always the odds are not exactly in my best favor.