Chapter 13

Just a filler chapter to keep you going, hope it's okay but another one's coming soon!

Thanks for reading and enjoy! :D

*****************************************

I could feel my wolf take over me once more, as I surrendered my body to her. The feel of the crunching leaves underneath her wet paws made me feel relaxed. We became at one with nature, over the next few weeks blending into the wilderness would mean life, or death. It would mean my sister's survival too, and hundreds of other children.

Finn's wolf nudged his head into my shoulder gently, trying to keep me from loosing focus. His wolf was dark brown, almost as dark as the night now coming down on us rapidly. He'd find it easier to survive out here, we hadn't planned anything yet, but I was certain to go into towns or villages just the two of us, the hunters would kill us. If we stayed to far out into the woods, then the rogues would find us.

Chances are our of our territory, we could be dead in under a week.

My wolf ran up to the outskirts of the field when Finn's voice sounded in my head, 'Emma! What are you doing? They'll make sure we can't leave if they see us!' He yelled into my mind.

My wolf sniffed the air around us, checking for any other members of our pack. When she realised no one was here apart from us, she ran towards my house. I could hear Finn's wolf running behind her as she ran. I walked quickly into my small garden and up the paved path up to the back door.

When she couldn't hear him following she turned towards his direction slightly. He was waiting my the inside of the gate growling slightly under his breath.

The house was completely empty, but as usual the back door was open. She nudged the lock open, and looked inside.

My house was empty, obviously they weren't home yet. None of the lights were on, but my wolf had good vision, so she pounded up the stairs effortlessly. She walked hurriedly to my room, she let me shift back to my human form, as I grabbed my bag from my bed, and the key from the back of my drawer.

My room was stuffy, because I had forgotten to open the window, again. Condensation formed on the glass, but I didn't bother wiping it off, as I would leave soon. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper off of my desk, and wrote a note to my father. I owed him at least that much.

I ran back downstairs, sliding down the banister, feeling a lot like a child, but this might be the last chance I got to do this, so I did it anyway.

Finn's wolf's head poked through the gap in the back door staring at me, with a slight grin on his face. Then he tilted his head towards the clock on the wall, telling me we had to go.

'I know!' I told him hurriedly as I stormed out of the door. If I didn't hurry they would catch us now. I ran to the front of the house, my feet slipping on the shiny wooden floor.

I reached the front door, and pulled the lock to the side, opening the door. I left it open for Finn, before running across the street. It was completely silent, and I was getting worried. The humans who lived on our street seemed to have disappeared, all their cars were gone, and the usual christmas decorations, on Mrs Lewis' house that she has up all year, were gone.

I walked up to the pack house, and walked through into Phoebe's part of the house.

It was strange being here when it was this empty. It didn't feel right. As I walked into her dad's old office. Even though all of the furniture had been removed, I'd hidden something in here weeks ago. I pulled open the wooden hatch they had in the floor, it sounds like a secret passageway in the floor or something, but it isn't really that exciting.