For Me: Kyle Kuzma for @babekay_love

This story is pure fiction. The events written in this chapter are not directly portrayed by the actual life of the characters. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.

*********

"Good game tonight. You okay? You looked a little beat up the last few minutes."

I laid on my back with my Mac on my lap, FaceTiming Kyle. I looked at him as he pulled the hood of his Nike hoodie over his head.

He chuckled and smiled into the camera of his phone.

"I'm good Z. I'm just focused on getting home now."

Kyle and his teammates were on the team plane, on the way back to L.A. after playing the Nuggets.

"Mhm. How was it over there with the altitude?"

He shook his head. "I had to drink twice as much water. I don't know what it is. I caught a cramp in my hamstring during practice on Wednesday night."

I nodded, grateful that he wasn't too banged up.

"I got some ibuprofen for you once you get here."

He smiled and winked at me. "You a real one Z."

I smiled.

"yOU A reAL oNe Z." One of his teammates mocked. I laughed out loud at their goofiness.

"Aye! Kuz over here caked up!" Lonzo shouted.

Kyle blushed a bit and told his teammates to leave him alone.

Kyle and I had been talking for about two months. We'd met through mutual friends at a charity basketball game last summer. It honestly wasn't an instant attraction but over the course of the summer, we hung out more and more. It seemed like Cupid had shot me right in the chest the more I got to know Kyle's personality.

It wasn't until I caught the flu during All Star week, that I realized how much Kyle cared about me. He stayed with me for two days straight before he had to start participating in the weekends events. He cooked for me, made sure to take my temperature, and even risked getting sick to cuddle me while I had body aches.

A few months later, he confessed how he felt about me during one of our bi weekly movie nights. I was a bit shocked to say the least, but I confessed my feelings to him as well.

"You can go to sleep if you want Z. I know where the key is." I'd closed my eyes for a few moments. It was almost 11:30pm PST, and I'd had the busiest day at work.

"Okay." I yawned. "Just wake me up when you come in."

"Okay. I'll see you in a little bit."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I closed my Mac and put it on the side table before turning over and closing my eyes, falling asleep immediately.

I opened my eyes, what felt like 2 minutes later. I turned over to see Kyle putting his bags down by my bedroom door.

My blue eyed pit bull, Max, greeted Kyle where he stood.

"Hey." I said lowly.

Kyle looked up and smiled in my direction.

"Hey Z." He continued to greet Max before pulling off his hoodie, as well with his shoes.

My heart swelled as he took steps toward the bed. He leaned over me and engulfed me in a hug. I put my arms around his neck and fingered the curls behind his head.

"Mmmm." I took in his scent. He climbed on the bed and laid between my legs. I smiled at how comfortable we were with each other.

"You miss me?" He said before placing his face in the crook of my neck.