Unexpected P. 2 (Odell Beckham Jr.)

This story is pure fiction. The events written in this chapter are not portrayed by the actual life of the characters. Vote. Comment. Enjoy.
**********

One week later

I sat in my doctor's office, nervously tapping my foot on the ground as she prepared to read me my results. My heart continued to beat out of my chest, and my palms were warmer and more clammy than they were just a few minutes ago.

Dr. Monroe turned to look at me with a small smile as she removed her glasses. She closed her laptop and arranged some papers on her desk.

"You're clean Ryan."

I took a deep breath that I didn't know I needed. Tears poured out of my eyes. I silently cried and covered my face. The amount of stress and anxiety I'd endured over the past few days seemed to be frivolous now.

"Now, I still want you to come back in for another urine and blood test in 2 months."

I looked up at her in confusion.

"But you said I was clean."

"Yes. And I am 95 percent sure that you are. But everyone has different symptoms and even no symptoms at all. The body is a complex thing. I just want to be completely sure."

I nodded and wiped my eyes. She handed me a tissue. Melissa Monroe had been my primary care doctor as well as a very close friend for the past five years. She and I had grown a close patient-doctor relationship. She had seen me through multiple stress-related health issues throughout the years. I trusted and respected her opinion, inside and outside of the office.

"Is he getting tested as well?" She asked as stood to her feet and walked over to her copier.

"Yeah. He texted me this morning to say he had an appointment with his doctor."

She nodded. While copying my results, she turned and faced me. She crossed her arms and leaned against the machine.

"What are you gonna do?"

I looked up at her and took and a deep breath. I knew the magnitude of her question. What was I going to do about everything? What was I going to do about the relationship that he and I built? What was I doing to do about the house we shared? The dogs? And our own baby that was growing inside of me?

"I don't know." I said quietly.

She removed the papers from the machine and walked over to me. She handed me my copies and put the originals back inside of my patient folder.

"You have to keep your stress levels down Ry. You're in your first trimester, this is the prime time for complications to start. You have to try and stay relaxed. Avoid him at all costs. For now."

I nodded, taking in her words. I knew that this pregnancy could be high risk if I didn't take it easy. Avoiding my main stressor, Kamari, seemed like it would be best.

"I hear you."

She smiled at me. "Keep yourself in high spirits too! We don't want a grumpy baby. If mommy's happy, baby will be too."

I laughed and nodded again. "Remind me of my due date."

She walked back over to her laptop and scrolled for a moment.

"I'm projecting between April 29th and May 11th."

I smiled. Thinking about the new life that I was now responsible for, gave me hope and more purpose than I ever fathomed. This situation with Kamari was just an obstacle.

Melissa and I talked for a bit more before I decided to leave. I had some conference calls I had to make at the house. Melissa told me to call her if I needed anything at all. I assured her that I would.