EVERYBODY LOVES MY BABY

"Hey Hales," Odette walked into the compound and threw her jacket onto one of the couches. The smell of the fresh breakfast in front of Hayley penetrated her nose.

"Are we celebrating something?" Hayley shrugged as her mouth was full and Odette popped a grape into her own. She chewed on the juicy flesh.

"So which restaurant is missing a compelled chef?" Hayley had noticed Klaus standing on the stairs sooner that Odette had, hybrid hearing and all. Odette looked up at him, he smirked at her appearance.

"It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this."

Another grape, she swallowed, "I guess Elijah decided to spoil us for once?"

"This wasn't my doing.." Elijah's voice suddenly came from behind Odette, making her drop the strawberry she had just picked up.

"'Lijah please stop doing that!" he held up his hands in defensive stance. Klaus took a step further down the stairs and frowned, "Then, where did all this come from?"

Out of nowhere a silver lid started to rattle, a sound that startled all the beings in the room. Klaus walked down to the ground floor and laid a careful hand on the handle. He looked at Odette, she nodded. He released the lid, out came two starlings, the four ducked to avoid being hit by the birds.

"What the hell was that?" Hayley asked as the starlings flew further up to the ceiling. Odette spotted the tiny note laying in the middle of the platter, picked it up and handed it to Niklaus.

"Why are you giving it to me?"

"I don't bloody live here, if it was meant for me it would've been sent to my house." Klaus raised his brows and opened the note. He read it quickly, Odette watched as his eyes flicked across the page.

"It's an invitation from our mother." Odette stepped forward, in some effort to comfort him, or be good, in the process she squished the strawberry she had just dropped under the foot of her shoe. The red-pink juices spilled over the white fabric.

-

"Okay, so skip the salad course. I don't think Niklaus here feels like making the evening any longer than it is." Odette checked off a box on the paper she had been handed. She would have had to go to work today, but Cami had taken her place so she could help out with the dinner the Mikaelsons were planning.

She looked over the list of wines, she hadn't ever seen wine this expensive.

"Nik, what wine do you want?"

He approached her slowly, fluffed his hair up with his hand and took the wine list from Odette's hands. Their fingers brushed together in a strange familiarity.

Klaus checked one of the boxes for a red wine that Odette didn't know anything about and handed the clipboard back to the girl.

"There you go." She took it from him, pen and all. Odette walked to the dining table and began to align the plates and napkins, laying them down as perfectly straight as she could. Her phone buzzed in her back pocket, as she took it out she looked at the pink stains on her shoes.

"I'll buy you new ones of those." Klaus said, as Odette read the text that Hayley had sent to her.

"Please don't. Hayley texted me, because you never look at your phone, Oliver says your mother has a partner-in-crime, another witch."

"I do look at my phone, I just think it's a criminal way of spending your time."

She rolled her eyes, "Ha. But what do you make of that news?"