TEA FOR TWO

Text message to; Elijah Mikaelson

Stan Masters.

Text message to; Odette Williamson

Thank you.

She paced around the house in the outfit Elijah had prepared for her. An emerald greed matching pencil skirt and suit jacket, ready to go into business. These heels were a bit higher than she was used to, so she struggled with her balance as she moved from one side of the room, to the other. Narrowly avoiding books and pieces of paper.

Her mouth moved, but no words were coming out. She spoke prayers to herself, even when she didn't know who she was praying to.

A deep breath, she was scared to get back into the supernatural of it all. Had lived peaceful days of bar duty and study halls. Endless libraries.

But she was bored. She craved the action the Mikaelsons provided for her, craved the adventure and all the adrenaline it brought with it. Nothing had been the same after the day on Lafayette cemetery, nothing would ever be the same again.

Going outside became dangerous. The Guerreras followed her everywhere, watching her every move. Sometimes she could swear she saw one of them, passing by the door of her lecture hall.

She knew things, for instance that Cami had been sleeping with Marcel. And she knew that Marcel would help Niklaus, even now that he thought his daughter was dead. He despised the Guerrera wolves as much as Nik did, had beaten them before and could beat them again.

So when she picked up her purse and locked the door behind her, there was more to her plan than just meeting Elijah at the Compound. Elijah must have known that it would be irresistible to her, that she wouldn't ignore the fact that she knew very well Klaus was in there.

The sound of her heels echoed through the room. The once beautiful hall was now overgrown with weeds, blood still sitting on the ground, waiting to sink in.

"Nik?" she asked nobody in particular. The furniture that once stood in the Abbatoir in all its glory, was now covered up in dust mite infested blankets.

She heard the whoosh and knew he was close by, could feel the wind of his speed behind her body. It was instinctive to walk up the stairs. To where his room was, to where the balcony was. To where they kissed. Her body filled up with anxiety as she thought of that kiss, had it meant as much to him as it did to her?

"Klaus, please." She felt his presence behind and instinctively extended her hand to his. Before they could touch, he had disappeared again. So she continued, further up those dusty stairs, swearing she could feel his presence.

"Klaus, I just, I need to talk to you. Please."

It was Elijah's voice that responded, to Odette's disappointment.

"He doesn't wish to see you." Odette gasped at his sudden appearance in front of her.

"Jesus Christ Elijah, why do you always have to do that?"

"Why do you always have to stick your nose where it doesn't belong?"

"You and I both know I didn't. I'm here for your little field trip anyway, for drama class right?" Elijah rolled his eyes almost involuntarily.

"You're quite funny."

"And you're kind of annoying. Is your brother here?"

"That doesn't matter. He doesn't care much for conversation these days, and he most definitely wouldn't appreciate you putting yourself in danger. "