THESE FOOLISH THINGS

(remind me of you)

"Niklaus?!" Odette yelled as she walked into the compound, multiple vampires whispered about her, but Odette knew now that they wouldn't hurt her. She was under his protection. She stormed the large, curving stairs and onto the gallery. He hadn't shown his face in a month, and even though this was the most desirable option for Odette, seeing as there were far less distractions and potential murders, she missed his presence on her balcony. Sometimes she'd hear a sad song turned all the way up, but there weren't any of Klaus's songs anymore. The songs with titles that created stupid puns and ballets that explained Odette's name and happy songs that sounded so very sad.

She needed to know if he had done it, if he had truly committed the act of sororicide. If that was the reason he didn't dare show himself to her, that the lights spanning her balcony might be too bright to face.

She never knew how she found him so easily, though she had only been on the second floor twice, but something told her where he was. She opened the door and saw him there, shirtless, sitting on a stool in front of his canvas.

His eyes grew wide when he spotted her, dressed in an all-white sundress, something he could compare to the woman in black lingerie laying on his couch.

"Klaus," she started, but interrupted herself when she spotted said woman. A smirk appeared on her face surrounded by red hair, Odette felt a blush rise to her cheeks.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to barge in like that." She covered her eyes with a pale hand.

Klaus grimaced, "that's exactly what you meant to do, love." He started to button up his black shirt, button by button, covering more of his perfect skin each time. Perfect skin, Odette shouldn't think like that.

"Good morning, Odette." The girl in question turned around quickly, facing Elijah's face at a very small distance.

"Jesus Christ, Elijah." She stepped back, seeing the heels Elijah held in his hands, he averted his gaze to the unknown woman- to Odette at least, the two Mikaelsons had gotten to know her quite well- and held the pair of heels up higher.

"I trust you can find your clothing and the door?" the woman narrowed her eyes at Elijah, took the heels out of his hands and strolled out the door, but not before 'accidentally' bumping into Odette.

"That felt unnecessary." Odette said as she heard a door close in the distance. Suddenly, Klaus appeared in front of her face, so close their noses could touch.

"What are you doing here, little swan?"

She frowned, "I haven't seen either of you in a month, Klaus."

"I didn't want to poison your sweet, innocent mind with my presence, Odette."

Her eyes rolled of their own volition, "stop being dramatic, Niklaus." As she stood on her tippy toes to stare into his eyes. He smirked and took his distance.

Elijah looked more annoyed than Odette had ever seen him look, which was... shocking.

"You do recall that woman tortured our sister?"

Klaus paced through the room, "She also revealed the truth about our sister's treachery."

"And as a consequence, Rebekah is gone forever."

Odette gawked at Klaus at this sentence, "You killed her?" she took a step that she meant to be threatening, but Klaus didn't see it this way, instead focused on the gentle curves of her neck and waist. He sat down on his painting chair again, taking a large brush into his hand.