Chapter 6

"Kevin?"
"Kevin!" Y/N shrieked, tears almost falling down her face.
"Take it." The boy on the ground said tossing a old pair of rusty dog tags.
"Get out." He added coughing up a storm.
"I's can't." Y/N said in a shaky voice.
Y/N heard the sound of police cars in the faint distance.
"Go." The boy said.
Y/N looked at the boy she called Kevin and then at the alleyway exit.
Y/N turned to look at the boy once more and heard him murmur something. "I ...e .o."
Y/N's vision began to get fuzzy and everything seemed to fade.
Then Y/N jolted up. "Ya deaf or somthin? Rise and shine goily."
Y/N looked over to the side to see Racetrack. "Race! What da hell? Get out of my room!" Y/N yelled throwing her pillow at Racetrack.
"Alright, alright I'm going." Racetrack said walking out of Y/N's corders.
Y/N went to rub the sleep out her (e/c) eyes But was met with wetness. She felt her checks which were damp and cold. Was I actually crying? She thought.
She dried her checks and eyes with her sleeve before getting up. She put on her grey muscle shirt, blondish trousers and put a blue plaid, long sleeved shirt accompanied with her old worn out brown shoes before heading out.
"Hey Y/N!" Romeo asked.
Y/N turned to face Romeo giving him a glare that clearly said I do not have time for your antics this morning. Romeo backed up a little seeing this. "Who is Kevin?" He asked.
Y/N's cheeks flushed. "Why that little son of a bitch." Y/N mumbled under her breath.
Y/N walked over to Racetrack and grabbed him by his collar. "What did ya tell him?!" Y/N yelled.
"What ya wanna know?" Racetrack asked indicating he told him everything.
Y/N started to laugh-like one of those angry laughs. "I am so close ta slamming  ya face inta a brick wall."
"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on?" Jack asked entering the room.
"Turns out Race don't know how ta shut da hell up!" Y/N yelled holding her fist to his chin.
"Whoa! Clam down!" Jack exclaimed pulling Y/N off of Racetrack.
"What happened?" Jack asked turning Y/N to look at her.
"Some guy named Kevin." Race said sort of mockingly.
Jack looked at Y/N with wide eyes mouthing "You told him."
Y/N shock her head.
"It's nobody jus get ta work." Jack said singling everyone to leave.
Once everyone had left Jack continued talking. "What happened." Jack asked.
"I's was havin a nightmare 'n during it Race came inta my room and overheard my dream."
Y/N explained.
"And it was bout Kevin?" Jack asked.
"Your not obligated ta call him dat." Y/N snapped back.
"Sorry, Rusty." Jack corrected.
"Yeah, nothin to bad, but still a nightmare."
There was a brief moment of silence. "Can't believe they don't remember him." Y/N sighed.
"I'm sure they remember him jus not by dat name plus he was quiet, youse was basically da only one who knew him, well other den me." Jack said putting a hand on Y/N's shoulder.
Y/N brushed off Jack's hand. "I should probably start selling." Y/N said in a bit of a heavy voice.
Y/N walked outside to only see Crutchie. "What's da headline?" She asked.
"Brooklyn attacked Flemington." Crutchie proclaimed holding the paper in the air.
"Serves dem right." Y/N chuckled.
The two laughed nervously, trying to hide the fact that Spot Conlon might be paying Manhattan a visit sooner then they hoped.
After getting her papers from Oscar Crutchie asked. "Mind if I tag along?"
"Sure."
"You worried bout Brooklyn?" Y/N asked.
"Pfft, me worried, never." Crutchie answered puffing our his chest.
Y/N looked over at Crutchie with a raised eyebrow.
"Ok, so maybe I is a little worried." Crutchie admitted.
The two chuckled a little. "How come I's never really tawked ta ya before?" Y/N asked.
"Maybe youse wasn't looking." Crutchie responded.
"What's dat mean?" Y/N asked.
"Sometimes when ya not looking ta be around people ya close ya self off. Let good people you'd like slip by." Crutchie explained.
"Makes sense." Y/N admitted.
That day the two of them seemed to sell a lot of papers, maybe it's because they both had lots of charisma, but maybe it was because people confused them for a couple.
"Oh by da way Race said there gonna be a meeting at Tiggy's bout da strike." Crutchie said.
The two then walked over to the restaurant.
                        ______________
"So what's da plan?" Henry asked.
"Fight back!" Blink suggested.
"Dumb idea unless ya want ta loose another eye." Racetrack said.
Blink hit Racetrack on the head.
"Get all the Newsies to band together so we can split everything evenly." Davey said.
"To late for dat. With Brooklyn running around treating dis city like a punching bag, I doubt they'll want ta band tagether." Y/N responded.
"It's Brooklyn's way or da highway." Elmer added.
"Well there is going to be a meeting next week." Katherine piped up.
"A meeting bout what?" Romeo asked.
"A meeting to try and settle the strike as quick as possible. My father and I are going to the meeting to represent the newspaper industry." Katherine explained.
"Ya can't do dat though." Jack said.
"Oh, yeah Jack Kelly? Why not?" Katherine asked with her hands on her hips.
"I'd miss ya to much." Jack wined wrapping his arms around Katherine's waist.
"Well maybe you could come." Katherine said.
"Really?" Jack asked raising a eyebrow.
"Well your a newsie, getting papers and selling them is how you make a living to stay alive. I'm sure if you came to give a testimony we'd be able to end this strike real soon." Katherine said.
"But what about ya fadtha?" Jack asked.
"I'm sure I could find a way to get you in." Katherine replied pecking Jack's nose.
"Hold on a minute!" Albert yelled.
Everyone turned to look at him. "What if Brooklyn comes here during dat time, we's gonna need Jack or we is screwed."
"You all havta learn not ta be so dependent on me. You'll mange. Plus it ain't gonna happen." Jack said letting go of Katherine's waist.
"Oh yeah, how?" Les asked.
"Call it a gut feeling." Jack explained.
"Don't you all worry you'll be fine." Katherine said reassuringly.
Yeah fine. Everyone thought with a horrible feeling in their stomachs.

A/N I don't know how to end a chapter, but thanks for reading also hate to sound desperate but if you like a chapter could you vote? It's fine if you don't it just lets me know if people don't think my story is a pile of trash 🤗.
The Author