Confrontation

Chapter 13

Sitting in my car, my heart is racing. Looking across at the park I spotted Ki walking towards the car, smiling. Getting out of the car to avoid being alone with him, I started to walk towards him without a smile. There can't be any confusion about what's going to happen next. This is his chance to walk away, give us what ever idea's he has about attacking the pack, expecting me to fight for him. All those idea's stop now.

"Hey what's wrong, you don't look happy" he frowned.

"We need to have a serious chat Keith" I said surprising him by using his full name.

"So you know who I am, that means I don't have to lie to you anymore, everything is out in the open" he said stepping forward to kiss me.

Putting my hand out to stop him getting any closer, he seems surprised.

"I know you expect me to help you, you're plan is for me to fight the Dark Angel, isn't it" I questioned.

"Yes, you seem powerful enough to take her down and once she' s taken care of, the my pack will eliminate the rest" he said smiling like the crazed psycho he is.

"You see the thing is, the Dark Angel is my grandmother, so there is no way in hell I will be doing anything to hurt her or the rest of the pack" I glared at him.

"How is that possible, you're powerful but not nearly as powerful as she is meant to be" he said shocked.

Looking at him, I let my full power flow from me. The look on his face is priceless but I can see his mind working over time and a twisted smile appeared on his face.

"See, I'm you're mate, you accepted me, our bond won't let you stand back and watch me getting hurt. I will go for you're grandmother and I will let her try kill me, you won't be able to stand back and watch anything happen to me" he smirked thinking he has everything figured out.

"Hmm, that's the thing, I might have accepted you but our bond is practically non existence, well to me anyway" I smiled as that smug grin was wiped off him face.

"It can't be, I don't believe you, I feel it stronger than ever, why are you lying?" he snapped.

"There is only one liar here and that's you. I'm giving you the chance to walk away now, you attack our pack and you're pack will be the one's to die" I said keeping my tone of voice cold to let him know that's the only outcome that will come from an attack.

"We'll see my little angel" he smirked as he started to back away knowing I can't do anything to him out in the open to him. When he got two hundred meters away he turned around and started walking the way he came.

Okay that didn't go exactly as planned, he has a few more screws loose than I first thought. He isn't going to back down in fact this could have made thing's worse, from the few thought's I managed to read as he was leaving. He is going to test his theory, he is going to go for my grandmother, he thinks I will kill her before I kill him. He really doesn't believe what I have told him, that the bond for me at least is weakening every day.

When he disappeared from sight, I turned around and walked towards my car. My next stop is the pack house, I need to tell them to be ready because Keith is going to attack sooner than any of us expected even himself. He's not fully prepared but right now that doesn't matter because he still thinks I will join him.

As much as I want to call out to Nate because believe me I do, more than anything but this has to be dealt with first. I won't be able to concentrate on what I need to, if he is here. No distractions, well at least not yet.

The drive back to the pack house went by quickly. The thought's of telling them about Keith has my stomach turning because I kept secrets from them, I didn't tell them I found my mate. But that doesn't matter now, the pack has to come first. I just hope they won't be pissed.

Parking my car outside, I walked into the pack house and straight for Kieran office. Just as I got around the corner, I found his door open with him, Emily and Callum inside.

"Hey guy's, we need to talk" I told them and walked in.

They took everything better than what I thought they would. Kieran and Emily know what that bonds does to you, the last thing you want to think about you're mate is he is psychotic. Callum is Callum, he took it all in his stride and didn't judge, none of them did thankfully.

Straight away we started to plan for the attack. Emily is amazing to watch, the perfect alpha female. She is strong and involved with every decision. A few times I have caught Kieran watching her with pure love in his eyes. She has really shown him how wrong he was about her. How everyone was. We organised as much as we could, the rest we will deal with tomorrow.

"Hey you okay?" Emily asked with genuine concern.

"Yeah, just wish I realised all of this sooner" I smiled sadly.

"You realised in time, I just wish I realised you had met you're mate, I should have noticed, I'm not a great friend am I" she said.

"You are, I kept it hidden from you, I'm the one that's not a great friend. I should have told you regardless" I reassured her.

"So does this mean Keith isn't you're true mate, you can have more than one, can't you" she asked.

"I have another, Nate, he is a demon. He was my trainer in hell. Until last night I didn't realise he is my soul mate. He's is gorgeous, everything I could want and more" I smiled thinking of him.

"So when do I get to meet him" she grinned bumping shoulders with me.

"Trust me, you'll be the first to meet him. But for now, I need to put my full attention into this fight" I said trying to convince myself I'm doing things the right way.

"You have accepted him right, you're not leaving him hanging" she questioned.

"Well, eh, kinda haven't made that part official yet" I cringed realising I really should tell him, even if we can't be together fully til this fight is finished.

"Kara, seriously, right that's it. I'm coming to you're house and I'm making sure you look perfect from head to toe for when you do call him to put him out of his misery. He probably thinks you're not interested" she said shaking her head, she grabbed my arm and changed our direction towards my home.

After two hour's of trying on outfit after outfit we finally settled on one. A white racer dress with lace trimming and wedges. She kept my make up simple with light toner and did a fishtail braid coming down on my right hand side. She pulled at a few strand to make it look a little messy.

She gave me a hug, wished me luck and practically skipped out the door. That's when my nerves really started to kick in. Before my insecurities started to rise, I took a deep breath in and called out to him.

Now all I have to do is wait and pray that he still wants me.