3. meet

"Y/N!" A female voice called my name. Mom?

"What did you do?!" Another voice joined in. Dad?

"I-" The third voice was silenced with a loud crashing noise. The stream of thoughts that had been rushing through my mind faded away as I drifted out of consciousness. 

When I woke up I was lying on the ground surrounded by the concerned faces of several different people. On my left stood Mom and Dad looking worried. To my right was an unfamiliar face ash blonde hair and crimson eyes bored into my soul. A ringing headache shot through my senses. Was I forgetting something? I winced putting a hand on my forehead.

"Rich bratty dumbasses like you get on my nerves."

My previously wandering gaze shot over to the boy standing next to me. His piercing gaze and ticked off expression caused my heart to quicken. His scowl deepened the longer I stared at him.

"What are you staring at dumbass?!" His shout reverberated off nearby buildings. I winced groaning and pulling myself up off the ground.

"Who are you to be telling me what to do?" A sudden wave of confidence washed over me. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't push yourself." Dad looked down at me with worry in his eyes. Mom nodded aggressively. Both of them looked concerned- too concerned. Silence decorated the group, Mom and Dad sitting side by side looking at the ground whispering something to each other. The boy looking at my face his expression a mix of shocked, nervous, and angry. I winced, a sudden headache causing my ears to ring.

"Just how bad was I hit? You're looking at me like Chernobyl happened to my face." I frowned, the boy opened his mouth to speak. Mom leaned down and brushed a hair out of my face, an odd smile stretched unevenly across her features. I frowned, glancing at dad for some kind of consolation. He looked at me with intense worry- too much emotion for someone who was possibly the laziest person alive.

"You're m-" the boy started to shout out an irritated reply. Mom cut him off with a wave of her hand. I could see his angry frown deepen the more he was cut off.

"Honey you-" Mom started before Dad cut her off with a small glance.

"It's worse than Chernobyl,"  he paused looking down at the floor, "That boy is your-."

"I'm your fucking soulmate." I felt my mind go blank.

"I think I'm going to die." I felt myself get lightheaded. Was I supposed to be happy? I knew my soulmate was going to hit me. But this kid had such a horrible attitude it was even worse than I had imagined.

"You're going to die? I'm stuck with a useless brat like you for the rest of my fucking  life." His ticked off expression was the last thing I saw before I faded out of consciousness.

When I came to my senses again I was in what looked to be a hospital room. Sitting up from bed I glanced around the room I was in. Faded walls... a desk in the corner, and a small note on the table next to me that read: Just don't leave the room. I was definitely in Recovery Girl's office. Recovery Girl is pretty scary when she gets angry so I decided to stay put. Light filtered gently into the room, despite the hectic day I had just had everything seemed peaceful.

BANG. The door slammed open. The boy from before stood in the doorway, hunched over like a delinquent. I take back my previous statement nothing was peaceful.

He stomped over to the bedside dragging over a chair and plopping down in it. A long extended moment of silence stretched over the room as we both debated what to say. I always thought that no matter what my soulmate ended up being like we could at least talk to each other. Hahahahhahahaa nope.

"What's your n name?" GREAT GOING Y/N YOU FINALLY FIGURE OUT WHAT TO SAY TO HIM AND YOU END UP SCREWING UP.

"Bakugo Katsuki." He replied without making eye contact. Bakugan??? Is that his name?

"Oh- uh. My name is Y/N I guess..." I trailed off. Wow, this is awkward, I looked down at my hands.

"You guess? What kind of half-assed answer is that?! You dumbass." He spit out at random. I raised an eyebrow- what kind of response is that to my name? He still wouldn't look up from the ground.

"Do I really look that hideous?" I asked referring to the fact that he wouldn't look at my face. He snapped his head up staring me directly in the eyes.

"God this is so fucking awkward." His concern matched mine exactly. I sighed in relief.

"I know right this whole soulmate business is so under-explained. I don't even know what to say to you." I voiced all the concerns that I had been internalizing. He just sat there staring at me.

"Tch. Dumbass." He looked away scowling. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad. I let out a small laugh.

________________________________
Yeah so bakuhoe is a bit ooc but honestly who wouldn't be awkward after meeting your soulmate.

-Ai