Meeting Austin

So heres the second chapter! Hope you guys like it, but please comment and vote and fan me(:

Also I want to thank all of you who are reading it means a lot to me, I truly love you guys for sticking with my stories (:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Payton!” Caroline screamed as she jumped back a bit. I knew she got scared not only because I snuck up on them but the fact that the conversation they were having was not meant for me to hear.

“You guys have to go on that trip, I don’t want you to slack on your jobs just because I’m here. It’s really no big deal you guys can go I’ll be fine.” I told them trying my best to sound as if I was perfectly fine which was harder than I thought it would be.

“Payton were not going to leave you, you just got here” Michael said smoothly.

“Well, if you guys don’t go, then I will. I’m eighteen I don’t have to stay here I can go out and live on my own.” I said trying my best to sound fierce to convince them I really was capable of leaving if they didn’t go, even though on the inside I knew I wouldn’t since I only had enough money to afford a day’s worth of meals  in McDonalds with me. As you can see I wasn’t a big ‘money saver’ in California.

“Payton…” Caroline said softly, I could tell she was now concerned.

“Go, I’ll be fine.” I assured them once again but this time I was trying to assure myself it to.

“Fine.” said Caroline. “But we are not going to leave tonight. We’ll leave first thing in the morning.” She added.

We pretty much ate in an awkward silence except when Caroline asked me if I like the food or if I wanted more salad or chicken. Michael was also telling me how he enrolled me into West Park high and since they were going to be gone when I got up for school tomorrow I would have to walk into the office and ask for my schedule which should be ready by then since he made a few calls. I nodded to everything they told me like how at least three times a week someone would come to clean the house and Caroline asked her to cook for me the times she did come and the lady kindly accepted. I was glad at that since the idea of me having to cook every night was starting to sound like a real drag.

After we finished eating I thanked Caroline for the food and I helped her rinse stuff and put them in the dish washer. I said good night to them both and wished them a safe trip. Even though I wasn’t tired I still brushed my teeth and changed into sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt. Since winter was right around the corner it was cold here, way colder then what I thought was cold back in California.

I laid there thinking about what was going to happen tomorrow. I haven’t even seen the whole house since Caroline thought I would like to see the rest on my own in another time. I really didn’t want to go to school tomorrow, I was honestly scared for what was going to happen, and one thing for sure is I didn’t want to be that girl I was back in California. I realized that things have a mind of their own and they were going to do the unexpected every once in a while and I had to enjoy what I had before it was too late, and being the way I was thinking I was on the top of the world because I was popular wasn’t going to let me do that. I was determined to leave that life behind. I had laid in my bed for almost two more hours till I finally felt my eyes slowly shut on their own.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of We are young by Fun from my phone. I quickly grabbed it and shut off the alarm I set. I grabbed the pillow next to me and placed it on top of my face and let out the biggest sigh. I didn’t want to go to school but I knew I had to face reality at one point and go eventually. I got off my bed and slowly began to get ready; after I took a shower did my hair and got dressed I made my way down stairs and found a note on the counter with a credit card placed on top of it. It read;