04

04
⏩ h e l a u g h s

 [ a post-it note pasted on the fourth tape ]

❝ S o m e o n e  w h o
u n d e r s t a n d s  m e  w h o
k n o w s  m e  i n s i d e  o u t
a n d  h e l p s  k e e p m e
t o g e t h e r  a n d
b e l i e v e s  w i t h o u t
a  d o u b t ❞

03/18/11

R e e d ,

I've always wanted a brother. Younger or older, it doesn't really matter to me. As long as it's a brother. I've suffered enough of Caroline's ear-splitting tantrums to want another sister. That girl maybe a measly height of 4'5" with a face of an innocent school girl but she's actually a force to be reckoned with. A great pain in my arse. Even though she doesn't talk to me unless it's absolutely necessary, she always finds a way to annoy the heck outta me. As much as I despise Caroline for being such a bloody nuisance, it's all thanks to her that we've grown close - to the point where we've become inseparable. If it weren't for Carol, I wouldn't have gone to your place to hang out with you, mate. I'm just so glad that she's already in University right now. I don't think I could stand another day being in the same house as her. *breathes a contented sigh*

Anyway, just like I said before I've always wanted a brother. I used to rattle on and on about it to my mum. Besides you, my mum was the only one I could ever talk to. Dad just looks at me like I'm an unpleasant bug on his shoe while Carol whines about me touching her stuff. As if, I'd do such thing! My mum would just laugh at me every time I bring up such topic. She's kind of gifted when it comes to that, you know. It's like when she laughs she makes the whole world laugh with her. She usually distracts me with that or some chocolate chipped cookies she whipped up with Dorothy, our cook. Gosh, I really miss mum. A lot. *nostalgic smile*

Some time later, I got fed up with all her distractions so I asked her why she couldn't produce another male child or any child for that matter. That's the time when she sat me down and told me about her declining health. Apparently, her body was already too weak to hold another baby. Of course she distracted me after that, causing me to momentarily forget about her illness.

But there was one thing she never let me forget.

"You don't have to be related by blood to call someone your brother or sister. As long as you love, protect and confide in each other the way siblings do then you can already call that someone your brother." She had said. I thought it was her way of telling me to stop bugging her about making babies. But I guess it was her way of telling me that I don't have to look that far in search of a brother because it's right in front of me all along.

What she meant was you by the way. And, she was right. I can't think of any other word that fits you best.

*tapes stops*

 the quote was taken from Dan Seals' One Friend

// m u l t i m e d i a //

A gif of Vladimir Ivanov who plays as Duke Aldridge to highlight your read.

// n o t e s //

Don't forget to vote and drop a comment. Have a nice day, lovelies!