03

03
⏩ h e r e m e m b e r s t h e d a y

 [ a post-it note pasted on the third tape ]

❝I ' l l a l w a y s r e m e m b e r
I t w a s l a t e a f t e r n o o n
I t l a s t e d f o r e v e r
B u t e n d e d s o s o o n ❞
03/05/11

M u m ,

I...*stutters and then groans*
Seven years ago on this very same day, many things happened. March 5, 2004 to most people was just another day in their mundane lives. To some people, it's the day they were born. The day they fell in love, the day they got their jobs or perhaps the day they got married. But to our family, it was the hardest day of our lives for it was the day we lost you. *voice breaks*
Seven years ago on this very same day, you took Caroline and I to the place you were born. I can still remember how happy you were when you hugged Grandpa Morris and kissed Grandma Jo on the cheek. I still remember the way your blue eyes shined when you talked about your life there. I remember how your cheeks turned beet red when you pointed the place you met dad. *laughs bitterly* It was the best day of my life, seeing you that happy but I didn't realize that it'd be the worst day of my life too. Mrs Collins found your unconscious body in the garden, my favorite fruit clutched in your hand.
Dad and Caroline never forgave me after that.
They weren't the only ones, you know. I couldn't forgive myself too. *voice cracks*

Aunt Rebekah said it wasn't my fault. Grandpa and Grandma told me the same thing. But, I don't believe them. How can I, when I know that if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't climb that apple tree? *sobs* Dad would still have a wife if it wasn't for me. Caroline would still have a mother if it wasn't for me. You'd still be here - doing the things you love if it wasn't for me.

And, for that I'm sorry.

*tape stops*

 the quote was taken from Mandy Moore's Cry (A Walk to Remember OST)

// m u l t i m e d i a //

A gif of Sawyer Freeman to brighten your day