Chapter Thirteen

Nyx flew to the House of Wind with Cassian and Azriel both by her side. They landed lightly on the balcony and opened the doors, smiling slightly when she saw Rhys and Feyre talking then turning to them.

Rhys sauntered over to them, Feyre stood staring, wearing a beautiful gown. Cassian was the one to speak first. "Come on, Feyre. We don't bite. Unless you ask us to." he said making Nyx rolled her eyes but at least Feyre started moving.

Rhysand slid his hands into his pockets, hiding his balled up fists she noticed in small delight. "The last I heard, Cassian, no one has ever taken you up on that order." Next to Nyx, Azriel snorted making her smile a little.

"So fancy tonight, brother. And you made poor Feyre dress up too." He said winking at the poor girl.

"Ignore the brute, sadly this is his personality. You'll get used to it." Nyx told the girl in front of her.

Cassian half-protested but knew she didn't mean anything bad. "This is Azriel and you know Nyx--- their my spymasters."

"Welcome." Az said as she just nodded smirking at the girl slightly. Nyx watched her look over the three of them.

"You're brothers?"

"No like Nyx were think of each other like brothers the only two related are the twins." Rhys clarified.

Feyres attention turned back to Cassian. "And---you?"

Cassian shrugged, "I command Rhys's armies." Nyx snorted at that, He was the General of one of the strongest armies in this world and he made it seem like it wasn't a big deal.

"Cassian also excels at pissing everyone off. Especially amongst our friends. So, as a friend of Rhysand... good luck." Azriel said making Nyx chuckle pulling her wings closer to herself. Her brothers shadows poked curiously at her, trying to get a feel about how she thinks Feyre is.

Cassian grumbled but didn't deny it. "How the hell did you make a bone ladder in the Middengard Wyrm's lair when you look like your own bones could snap any minute." Cauldron it started already.

"How the hell did you manage to survive this long without anyone kill you?" Feyre snipped back making Cassian burst out laughing and Nyx raise her eyebrow slightly. Her shadows wrapping around her telling her how useful Feyre could be.

Mor breezed in behind Feyre in her red gown looking beautiful as always. "If Cassian's howling, I hope that means Feyre told him to shut his fat mouth."

"You two and your clothes." Cassian said making Mor do a little bow.

"It runs in the family, you know. It's only bad when they drag us into it." Nyx said glancing between the two cousins.

It was soon that Amren entered and they all sat to eat and drink. With Amren here it always put Azriel on edge, though Amren and Nyx though are good friends as of now. Nyx only doesn't like her when she's rattling on instead of letting them eat and drink.

Until they started to explain what Cass and Az were wearing. Siphons. Since Nyx was not allowed to do the Blood Rite Rhys father taught her different ways to control her powers. Her killing power was wilder than her brothers were. It snapped out of control occasionally when she was in the midst of a fight or battle, always wanting to be used. It spoke to her like the shadows, pressuring her into using it until she pushed the power down and away or used it.

Nyx saw Fayres eyes on her knowing she was wondering why she didn't have any. "Illyrians only allow Males to have Siphons." Nyx explained and beside her Amren snarled.

"Illyrians." she muttered angrily. Nyx just rolled her eyes, Amren cursed out the Illyrian race whenever she gets a chance too.

Trying to diffuse the situation Feyre stuttered out a question. "How did you---I mean, how do you and Lord Cassian---." Cassian's wine spewed out of his mouth making Mor leap up trying to fix her dress.