Chapter Nineteen

****That is what Delia looks like.

(Nyx POV)

Nyx woke with a pounding head, she did not often get hangovers but she felt like her brain was on fire. Though she knew she drank heavily she knew the real reason her head was splitting at the moment. Most of the night was spent making false memories in a the way Orin taught her too if she ever encountered others who can pry into minds. The other half of her night was spent playing the role of Delia to the Prince and Princess.

She opened her eyes and looked at the drapes of the large unfamiliar bed she was in. The drapes were a dark red color, washed out by the black ceiling they were under. She was alone thankfully, even though she did not sleep alone last night and she fought the shiver of disgust that went up her spine. She always knew Brannagh and Dagdan shared everything but to be laying in their bed with ghosts of their hands over her body made her stomach twist. They were surprisingly loving bed partners. She assumed they would be like that with each other but would be violent with her but they worshiped her body like she was a goddess. Go figures they would be submissive in bed, another thing of Hybern that she was shocked to find out. She figures they could give pain to anyone they want whenever they want but for a bed partner they might act differently.

She cursed herself for going into this with her prejudice. The twins for all their sadism, were still just Fae. She shouldn't have assumed the way they would act in front of enemies would be at all similar to how they acted when they were supposedly safe.

So she laid there staring up at the drapes and started her mantra. "My name is Delia Helith of Hybern."

When she started to wonder what her real name was she got up, not allowing her brain to fill in blanks. The more she fell into Delia the more she convinced herself she was the petite brown haired Fae.

Her thighs ached as she swung her legs over the side of the bed grimincing as she felt the echos of Dagdans cock between her legs. He didn't finish inside her, his sister thankfully objecting to that but he was still plenty sizable, especially considering she hasn't had a male for a good five years.

The room was impressive, last night her vision was filled with the twins so she never got a chance to look around, the walls had beautiful paintings on them. Several doors were in the room which she assumed to be to the bathroom, closets and the hallway. There was a small dark grey couch and chair on the right side of the room in front of a smoldering fire place and a small table. On the opposite side there were dressers and a large white fur carpet. The rest of the floor was sleek dark wood that went beautifully with the black walls. There were candles all over the room that were lit up despite the large window behind the bed spraying sunlight into the lit room. All in all it was a beautiful room.

Nyx stood fully nude and looked to the ripped blue fabric of her dress and winced. She didn't have much money and she was planning on wearing that more than just one night. She wondered, running her fingers along the couch pleased with the soft feeling it possessed. Where she assumed Hybern would have harshness she's only seen it's softness.

They were so similar to the Night Court it made her homesick. They used their reputation just as the Night Court did, to dissuade enemies from their shores. The only differences was when it came down to it, they would gladly enslave lesser Faes and humans alike. Where the Night Court provided freedom, Hybern had chains.

Nyx never understood that, humans were weak where Fae were strong, aged where Fae stayed youthful. Hybern shouldn't need slaves let alone human ones. But it was all about power and little else. They saw the humans as beneath them and sought to control and play with them, despite humans having little to no power to stand against them. It was cruel, morally unjust, and to be completely honest quite stupid of them to go to war over.