I'm Addicted to Denial

Rhonnie was moving around in the kitchen trying not to walk up the sleeping Jeremy. She walked over him and pulled on her clothes when she turned around he was sitting up rubbing his head.

"Hey Jeremy-."

"-What time is it?" Jeremy asked trying to look for a clock. Outside was dark -darker than six-thirty.

"Eight-twenty."

"Oh Shit!" Jeremy got up pulling his clothes over his body trying to run for the door when Rhonnie took a hold of his arm.

"Where the hell are you going-?" She shouted.

"Let go! I'm so fucking late, oh my God!" Jeremy tried again for the door, he reached out for his keys when Rhonnie grabbed them and held them away from him.

"Why do you have to go?"

"Kayla's waiting, now give me the keys." He hand his hand open toward her but she shook her head like a small child.

"I don't want you to leave," She said pulling the keys closer to her, "I don't see why you have to go, you are already so late- there's no need!"

"For God's sake give me the keys!" Jeremy yelled, he was getting frustrated with the girl. His face felt hot with anger, he stepped closer and Rhonnie took a few steps back.

"No. Please. Don't leave." She was begging him but he reached out and grabbed her wrist, Rhonnie struggled trying to pull away from him but he was stronger.

"What's with you?" He shouted at her. She was so different suddenly! Now she cared? Before she just wanted to have fun what was the change all of a sudden?

They wrestled around, he would've been able to take it from her easily but he was trying his hardest no to hurt the girl. She had her eyes close and was moving widely, her bouncy curly hair rocking back and forth as she struggled to break free from his grip. Frustrated and tired he squeezed harder, Rhonnie fell to her knees yelping in pain as he tried to pry the keys from her but Rhonnie did something unexpected. She bit his hand causing him to pull back from her sharp teeth and she ran away into her room closing the door behind her and pressing her back against it.

"Fuck you, Rhonnie! FUCK YOU!" Jeremy screamed at the top of his lungs pounding at her door. He didn't know what to do -yes Kayla lived walking distance but how was he going to explain the car not being there? She won't buy if he said he had walked all the way from his place, that is already a fifteen minute drive. He banged on the door again and was tempted to kick it down but he didn't want to risk hurting her.

Rhonnie leaned against the door looking down at the keys in her hand, what was she doing? Was this really going to make him stay with her? She was so desperate for his love but deep down she knew she would never get it -all she was good at was being his dump truck, what ever happened to chivalry? Oh right, someone like her doesn't deserve it. She was holding her best friend's boyfriend hostage-she can't even call Kayla a best friend with all the stuff she is doing to her.

She heard footsteps walking away and opened the door to see the back of Jeremy heading out of the door. Her tries couldn't stop him so she threw the keys and they landed in the middle of the room, Jeremy turned around to see Rhonnie's room door was open and she was lying on the floor facing away from the doorway just laying in a shirt and her panties. He hesitated to walk out of the door knowing how upset she was.

"Is your mom not coming home tonight?" He asked her.

"No. I don't think she's coming home until Monday." Jeremy knew Rhonnie was just lonely but he couldn't stay -he just couldn't. He griped the doorknob and looked back at her once more and she had switched over to on her back with her forearms covering her eyes as she cried softly probably because she was embarrassed. Jeremy walked out the door, holding his keys tight as he walked to his car looking back at the lonely house. He seriously did not know why he put up with this shit, he could easily end it with either Kayla or Rhonnie or both and just live easily but there was something twisted about what he was doing, and he lived for a good thrill. Jeremy called Tanner up and told him what had happened and to play along if Kayla called him- Tanner always had Jeremy's back in lies just like Pierce and Leah had Rhonnie's back. Either way, everyone was lying to Kayla.