I'm Addicted To Guilty Pleasures

The sun beamed bright in the afternoon as Jeremy sat in his truck with the gas running. He turned off the engine and sat in his truck, not making an effort to go and get his supposed girlfriend. No, he just sat there thinking about everything important at that moment, he thought about last night and what he was doing here. Why was he here in this position? Rhonnie- Rhonnie is a great girl and great in bed and also-, also? Wait, what else was there for him? Besides looks he's never really gotten to know her over their two year relationship other than what she likes in bed and which beer she prefers, why was he going to her again? Rhonnie didn't hesitate to sleep with her best friend's boyfriend how trustworthy can she be? Then again, how trust worthy can Jeremy be for keeping up with this game for more than two years -Hell why has he even put up with it for more than a few weeks?

His hands griped the steering wheel and he looked at the clock, it was almost three o'clock. Jeremy had a simple choice -he seriously didn't need to make the situation anymore complicated than it needed to be. He picked up his phone and looked at the numbers blinking at him. His blue eyes glazed over as he dialed the number and placed the phone up to his ears and heard it ringing.

An excited voice came on, "Hey loser." Kayla said flirtatiously

"Hey baby, something came up at work and I won't be able to pick you up yet." He heard something drop on the receiving line.

"What?" She sounded pissed but Jeremy was the master of lying.

"Yeah, Tanner needs me to do a quick job on east side of town," That was at least a two hour window, "So I can come get you at like seven?"

"Six-thirty." Kayla said.

"Thanks, babe. See you later."

"I love you." Kayla said. Jeremy felt something stop in his throat- his words choked up on him.

"I-I love you too." She hung up and Jeremy sat in the car looking down at the phone when his fingers began gliding again across the numbers. He held it up to his ear and listened for the voice. He didn't know what he was doing and at the moment when he heard Rhonnie pick up the phone he wished he was more drunk.

"Rhonnie? He can I come see you? I told Kayla I wasn't seeing her for another few hours. Let me see you." He didn't know what he was doing, he was just letting faith take over.

"Uh- ok at your place-?"

"No, yours."

"I don't know my mom just left and I don't know when she will be back-."

"I'm not taking no for an answer," Jeremy said looking around as if someone was watching him, he getting out of the car and walking back to his place, "Alrighty, I'll be there soon. Bye." He hung up before she had a chance to say anything to him. He walked into his house and grabbed the beer bottles he was saving for later tonight but he figured he could lie again if he needed too so he threw them in the passenger seat for the company and drove to Rhonnie's house. Jeremy realized that he wasn't drunk enough, he pulled over at a gas station and picked up another six pack he promised himself he would at least save two for Rhonnie but by the time he got back on the rode there was only two left and he was just on the verge of being perfectly drunk.

Even when drunk he was a decent driver, he went very slowly both hands close to each other on the steering wheel as he stared out into the nothingness of their "middle of nowhere" town. WHy was he doing this again? He really had no legitimate reason for doing this -Jeremy was just doing it because Jeremy decided to.

_________________________~* HI, I'M AN ADDICT *~____________________________

Rhonnie stared down at her beeping phone, 'Why was he coming over here?' She thought to herself. Her thoughts raced through her head as she ran around the house wanting to scream at the top of her lungs.