ii.

"Do we have conditioning tonight?" I ask Louis, sitting down beside him. We decided that we'd get more done studying in the school's library than we would studying in our dorm.

"Coach said that's it's just a meeting for the new players, I thought. Do we have to go?" He flips open his AP Enviro book, and pulls out a mirror to check his makeup. "It feels like my lipstick is smudged. Is it?"

I look up to see him pursing his lips. I roll my eyes, shaking my head. "It's fine."

"You're a diamond, mate. Thanks." He closes the small, silver compact and puts it back into his bag.

"I don't see why you don't just use lip stain. Then you wouldn't have to worry about smudging or getting it on your teeth."

"I am not willing to sacrifice moisturized lips for convenience."

"Oh, right." I say, pulling out my textbook. "Sorry, I forgot what an utter prima donna I was talking to."

"You have Enviro the day after me, so I'll tell you what's on the test." Louis goes back to our original discussion. "Waters usually is fairly open about it though, so if you ask him some things, and I ask him some things- we should be able to get a good idea of what the test covers."

"It's over water pollution, I think." Honestly, I don't remember. I had Enviro yesterday, a Monday. That's update day, and I don't remember much of anything besides Lipstick Boy when it comes to Mondays. Lipstick Boy and terrible mornings, anyway.

"Did you not write it down?" Louis asks, appalled. He cares a little too much about his school work; that's all I can say.

"I lost my planner, like, two weeks ago. I haven't had it since we had that speaker come in."

"You're hopeless, Niall. You'll never graduate if you don't keep on track of things." Louis clicks his tongue, and I just roll my eyes.

"I'm in the running for valedictorian. I think I'm going to graduate."

"You may be in the running, but I'm going to win." Louis looks up at me, and it's unfair, really, how good mascara looks on him.

"It's not a competition."

"If if were, I would win."

"Shut up." I laugh, looking back down at my Enviro book. I try to read over the tiny paragraphs, but my mind keeps wandering to the last update of Lipstick Boy. Sam and Jax had gotten unintentionally closer. The sexual tension was enough to make me scream, and all styleofwonder had them doing was messing around on stage. It's amazing how well the two boys go together. It's almost sinful, especially when paired with the actual gifs styleofwonder magically finds to match their chapters.

"Hey, Niall. Come back to earth." Louis snaps his fingers in front of my face, and I glare at him.

"What do you want?"

"I ask you whether or not you think Waters will pull questions from the project we did. I mean, do you think one of the FRQs will have to do with our data?" Louis sounds concerned, as if his entire life was riding on whether or not he had to remember a three day project we worked on.

"I don't think so. We had to write that essay about it already, so, I mean. Don't you think that would be a little repetitive?" I scratch my arm through the uniform button up. It had been getting hot earlier, so I slid my blazer off and put it on the back of my chair. Of course, Louis couldn't just leave it at that, and he had to give me a beat to strip to. I told him I was going to beat him if he didn't stop. He stopped.

"Yeah, I guess. Still though. I'll ask him during class. I have him next." Louis says, even though we both know each other's schedules by heart. It's something that happens when you're dorm mates, teammates, and best friends. It also helps if your name is Louis Tomlinson, and you most likely have the schedule of every student at Jefferson Heights memorized.