xx.

There's a knock on the door, and I pause my film. I smile at the weird place the movie stopped (Bill making that iconically ridiculous face of his), and stand up to check who it is that wants in at two o'clock in the morning.

Opening the dorm door, I peak into the hallway to see a familiar silhouette. "Yes?"

"I can't sleep."

I can see his eyes shine in the near dark, and I can tell he had been crying. I open the door further and let Harry inside my dorm room. "M'watching a movie if you want to join."

"What movie?"

"Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure." Harry goes to sit on my bed, but I grab his arm and he gives me a strange look.

I point to the bed on the opposite side. "I'm over here."

He knows what I mean. He understands that I've been sleeping in Louis' bed. He doesn't know I kept his blanket behind from packing, but seeing as I bought it for Louis anyway, I would say it's mine fair and square. Harry takes himself and the pillow under his arm and situates in the heap of blankets and pillows I've already amassed. "I love this movie." Harry says, half smiling.

I'm reminded of a conversation I once had with him on Writerscape. Thankful for the darkness, making him unable to see me flush, I reply. "It's one of the best."

"Did you hear they're making another?"

"What?" I ask, in disbelief.

"Mhmm." He nods as I lay down beside him and fix the laptop. "It's about their kids and about fulfilling the prophecy."

"But this one was so good. They don't need more!"

"People are just so unoriginal lately." He shrugs, and I take that as my cue to press play again. "Ted is my favorite."

"I really like Bill."

"But baby Keanu." Harry protests, and I roll my eyes.

"Bill is just..." I watch him on the screen. "He's quirky."

I hear Harry snort a laugh. "Quirky is just a word people use when they want to say something nice about weirdos."

"I think you're quirky."

Harry shoves at me, and I stifle a laugh, shoving him back. The laptop tips, and I almost yelp, quickly grabbing my baby before it falls. "Skate save."

"Your fault."

"Yours."

"Definitely yours." I look at him, and he's smiling widely. We look at each other for a few more seconds until Harry's smile falters.

"Should we be doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"This." Harry motions around us. "Sitting in Louis' bed, watching a comedy and laughing. He died three days ago. Isn't this...isn't this wrong?"

"Do you think it's wrong?" I ask, curious. I even pause the movie so we don't miss anymore than we already have in these last few seconds.

"I don't know." He leans back, picking at a pillow string. "I don't know what to think. I feel like I have no right to be sad, but I also don't have a right to be this happy either."

"Why the fuck can't you be sad?" It's asked incredulously, and I can't help it. Harry is an enigma.

"It's like Nick said. He wasn't my best friend. I mean, we were friends, but we weren't close like Liam and I are close. Or like you and Louis were."