Chapter Fifteen

So did all of you like that little cliffy last chapter? *innocent grin*

Well, that's finally getting resolved. The heroes come face to face with Savitar!

***

"How could Savitar have gotten Kara?" Felicity demanded as everyone ran into the cortex, where Alex was pacing anxiously. "She could have punched him, easily!"

"He had a syringe of Kryptonite," Nate explained, scowling. "Like Mon-El had back at L-Corp."

"There's no Kryptonite here on this Earth, though," Caitlin frowned.

"Please tell me there isn't Kryptonite on this Earth," Winn looked around nervously.

"None that Gideon has found," Sara shook her head, putting her phone away. "How could Savitar have gotten some?"

Oliver groaned suddenly, putting his face in his hand. "We talked about Cadmus in front of Barry."

"And revealed they had Kryptonite that could hurt Kara," Lena closed her eyes, tilting her head back. "Of course."

"We didn't talk about Savitar, but we did talk about what could take out the powerhouse of the team," Sara scowled. "Wonderful."

"Where's Barry?" Oliver cut in.

"As soon as he heard the announcement, he went down to the pipeline," Cisco answered.

"He doesn't have comms, either," Caitlin added. "He can't hear what we're dong."

"OK," Oliver took a deep breath. "Does Kara still have her extrapolator? And the device to get to the Phantom Zone?"

"I think so," Alex nodded, chewing her lip.

"OK," Oliver paced back and forth, one of the few signs he was on edge. The other one was the fire burning in his eyes. "Why is Savitar moving now? Why against Kara, of all people?"

"Take out the powerhouse, like Sara said?" Jax suggested.

"He could have gone for one of the speedsters, if that's the case," Stein pointed out.

"But none of us are anywhere close to Savitar's speed," Wally shook his head.

"Yeah, Savitar could face off against any group of speedsters and probably come out on top," Jesse agreed.

"But Savitar is changing the timeline," Cisco frowned. "Why would he do that?"

Oliver stopped pacing. "What if the timeline already changed?"

"What?" Caitlin blinked.

"That's crazy," Cisco frowned.

"Is it, though?" Oliver raised an eyebrow, turning around. "It's crazy, I admit, but is it possible? Could something have happened to the timeline so that the future Barry originally saw no longer exists?"

Sara's eyes lit up in understanding. "You mean when we figured out who Savitar is?"

"Exactly," Oliver pointed at her. "What if there was a timeline where Barry found out who Savitar was much later? Perhaps too late to do anything but desperate moves? What if something happened earlier in the timeline that wasn't supposed to happened?"

Sara's jaw slowly dropped open. "Us being gathered here because of Kara? To help her with the Daxamites?"

"Let's be honest, if Kara hadn't come here, how many of us would be here?" Oliver raised an eyebrow, looking around. "My team was discussing what we would be doing since Chase is locked up. You said it yourself, you have a group of time traveling villains who want to rewrite reality. If Kara hadn't come here, she would be dealing with the Daxamites on her Earth. Something changed in the timeline to get us all here to help get rid of Savitar, and now that we're in a place to do it much sooner, Savitar is getting desperate. And desperate men do desperate things that are also really stupid things."