Chapter Two

And here we finally get into original content of the story! And I'm so glad I'm convincing you guys to hate Mon-El . . . that's kind of the point of the book. All the Daxamites are the enemy here, not just Rhea.

It's Team Supergirl's time to shine as Kara, Alex, and Winn try to figure out why Mon-El seems to think Kara's going to kill everyone. And, unfortunately, Kara is still a battering ram. But, just like before, she gets away, and it's off to safety for everyone!

Enjoy chapter two!

***

Two hours under the sunlamps was enough to heal the gash made by Rhea, but Kara still sat numbly under them, staring at her hands as if still seeing blood on them. J'onn was currently explaining to the President why they had engaged the Daxamite ship, and Alex was occasionally looking up from her monitor. Kara knew she was worried, she had every right to be. Her sister had just been attacked by the man who had claimed to love her . . . only for him to stand with his parents instead.

How could she have ever been so wrong about someone?

"Winn," she said quietly.

"What?" Alex looked up from her work, walking over.

"Where's Winn?"

Alex pulled out her phone and sent off a quick text message. "Hopefully on his way."

Sure enough, less than a minute later, Winn ran in through the door. "Hey," he panted, hurrying up to Kara. "Alex said you needed to see me?"

"When you . . . " She swallowed. "When you found him . . . did he seem . . . different? Did he . . . "

She couldn't say it. Even faced with what Mon-El did, she couldn't say what he did. "Trick me?" Winn guessed softly. When Kara bit her lip and jerkily nodded her head, Winn silently shook his head. "He acted just like he always had until he knocked me off my feet."

"He played all of us," Alex walked over, putting a hand on Kara's shoulder. "None of us saw this coming."

"Why?" Kara's voice cracked. "Why now, after all this time?"

"Did he say anything?" Alex looked between them. "Surely he said something!"

"All he said is how could he love the woman who was going to kill them all?" Winn answered, rubbing Kara's back.

She flinched at the words again, and Alex put a hand on her forehead, pacing restlessly. "I'm gonna kill him," she announced. "I am going to find him and put a lead bullet in his heart."

"I never did anything to him," Kara shook her head, still trying to understand. "I tried to understand him, I tried to help him find a good life here. How could he think I was going to kill him?"

"He said kill them all," Winn frowned. "That doesn't sound like it's just him he was worried about. Maybe him and his parents?"

"Surely if it was just them, he wouldn't have done it in full view of the other Daxamites?" Alex frowned. "That seems way too desperate."

"Desperate enough to save everyone, though," Kara slowly looked up. "He didn't mean his family – he meant all of Daxam."

"An entire race?" Winn blinked. "He seriously thinks you'd kill an entire race? Does he know you at all?"

"Apparently I never knew him," Kara said bitterly.

"Hey, if he sticks around, we'll kick his ass, and his parents', and every Daxamite we have to," Alex assured her.