Chapter Five

Fun fact of the day: I have developed a small obsession with the Black Panther soundtrack. That is all.

Kara tells Oliver, Barry, and Sara what they're up against this time!

***

Winn quietly shut the medbay door behind him, turning to look at his best friend. She was out of her Supergirl suit and in S.T.A.R. Labs sweatshirt and sweatpants. For having been knocked out for a few hours, she still looked exhausted, but she smiled widely when she saw Winn. "Hey."

"After everything that happened, all you have to say is 'hey?'" Winn asked incredulously, hurrying to her side and hugging her.

She hissed, hugging him back. "Easy, Winn, easy."

"OK," Winn quickly backed off.

"Still a bit sore," Kara winced, shifting slightly on the bed. "Caitlin's probably gonna yell at me if I get hurt anymore. She worries a ton."

"She's not the only one," Winn folded his arms. "The cortex is getting crowded."

"I thought I heard people enter earlier," Kara knitted her eyebrows, tilting her head and frowning. "I hear . . . " Her eyes widened. "Oliver and Sara? And their teams?"

"Yeah," Winn nodded. "Barry called Sara and Cisco went to get Oliver. Cisco came back right away, and Sara and her team showed up not very long after."

"Legends," Kara explained. "They're called the Legends."

"That's a bit egotistical," Alex frowned.

"Well, they're time travelers saving history," Kara shrugged. "It kind of fits."

"Also, this prophecy thing?" Winn added. "Very specific, but at least specific got us the woman twice dead."

"You're kidding," Alex's eyes widened.

"I'm serious," Winn nodded. "That Sara lady? She died twice, brought back twice. It's her, it's gotta be."

"You're sure?" Alex insisted as Kara's eyes widened as well.

"Literally confirmed it right in front of me."

A smacking sound made them look back at Kara, and they saw she had put her face in both hands. She made a muffled statement, and Alex frowned. "What was that?"

"I'm an idiot," Kara looked up. "I'm even more of an idiot than I thought I was."

"What for?" Winn frowned.

"Literally, right in front of me, the whole time," Kara shook her head. "I should have known it was the three of them. The moment I knew Barry was the son of speed, I had to have known Oliver and Sara were part of this."

"The last survivor of hell?" Alex frowned.

"I believe it," Winn grumbled.

"I don't know much about what Oliver's gone through, but Barry told me Oliver's often called the island he was stranded on hell," Kara nodded. "That's why I thought it sounded familiar."

Both Alex and Winn were silent. "Wow, that really was easy," Winn remarked.

"Yeah, but they need to decide to help first," Alex pointed out.

"Oh, that's even easier," Winn shook his head instantly. "Pretty much all of the Legends already said they're gonna help, and I'm pretty sure that what Oliver says goes, so his team will, too."

"Yeah, but he, Barry, and Sara need to know what they're getting into first," Kara said quietly. "They're the ones specifically mentioned, and I don't think they'll be happy about it."