2️⃣

Manik's POV

Manik looked into the face of this loud-mouthed, rude but beautiful woman currently in his arms. She'd infuriated him since she first opened her mouth but what a pretty mouth it is. His eyes drifted of its own accord to the pillowy pinkness of her full lips and he could see that her breath was shallow, probably because a strange man was holding her too close. Closer than he should. His eyes drifted back up to her eyes, big exotic eyes the same deep dark brown like his own. Long lashes fluttered as his grip tightened unconsciously.

His hands shifted on her back tangling in long silky hair that fell just short of her small waist. She was pressed up so tightly against him, he could feel every contour of her very feminine shape against his hard one. He couldn't seem to help it as his face drifted closer and closer to hers, He couldn't feel her breath, was she not breathing? His lips brushed the corner of hers and she gasped, her breath leaving her in a whoosh. Her hot breath fanning across his face.

What was he doing? Feeling up and kissing this stranger in an elevator at his own company? He was the boss, what was he doing? He jerked back from her and looked away avoiding any eye contact. His body wouldn't cooperate though because he felt the urge to look at her, fought it but he just wanted to see her face. No, he should stay far from her. He didn't do things like this. Ever! He exhaled and swiped his hand over his face.

Nandini's POV

Aayiappa, what just happened? Did he-he did didn't he? He kissed her. Mr. Grumpy Mc. Jerk kissed her and . . . she liked it. She flushed feeling the warmth spread over her face that had nothing to do with the heated condition in the elevator. She liked him being so close, the feel of his lips on her face. She shook her head, Nandini Murthy did not let strange men just kiss her. What was the difference with this man?

She looked up to find him looking away from her, she studied his face and could see the tenseness in his stance. Like he was warring within himself. Was he feeling the same confusion that she was, this sudden spark of interest that pricked at base attraction she wasn't used to experiencing?

Amidst all the confusion of this man standing beside her, Nandini was burning up, literally, the temperature in the elevator making it hard to breathe. A sheen of sweat glistened on her forearms and her face felt hot. She decided appropriate or not, she wasn't going to risk passing out for modesty so she unbuttoned her navy blue blazer and shrugged it off her shoulders. "What are you doing?" She heard him mutter in a tight voice.

"Uh, taking off my jacket. It's not rocket science." She rolled her eyes. Playing it cool Nandini, yep no tension here. She exhaled and rested her blazer on her purse which currently graced the elevator floor.

She felt self-conscious immediately but was determined not to let him psych her out. She felt relief as the confines of long jacket sleeves were freed from her shoulders. She looked at the door of the elevator willing them to open. She noticed the panel had all floor numbers lighted up. That was a good sign wasn't it, that there was some power in the elevator? She breathed deeply and then glanced at him and caught him staring - again. How many times did that make now?

"What?" she asked her brows pleated as she tried to decipher what he was thinking about.

"Hmm?" He replied distractedly.

"Excuse me?" she waved her hand in front of his face. "Short attention span huh?" She asked and shook her head in pity. "Excuse me?" He retorted angrily.

"Uh I've been asking you something and you've just been staring off." She shrugged. "Not used to listening to people. I guess that must be because you're the one who likes to tell people what to do. You strike me as the dictatorial type. Bossing people around."