Chapter 2 - Memories; The Old and the New

[A/N; Sorry for any editing mistakes as this chapter has not been fully edited. I hope you guys like the story and if you have ay critism I am open to hear it. Thanks, James Brunell]

Mr Higgins was my uncle who went crazy when I was little. He was a rude, ignorant and an all-round asshole.

[Flashback to five years old]

"Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt!" I screamed as a kid chased me up our driveway and followed me inside. Uncle Matt looked at me with disappointment as he reached over the coffee table and put down his tea, I hate it when he looks after me because he doesn’t care.

"What did you do to him?"

"She stuck gum in my hair sir!" the little boy my age screamed in answer to the question that wasn’t aimed at him. I turned to the kid and stuck out my tongue in an attempt to intimidate him, the kid looked scared but he wasn’t looking at me; he was looking above me. I turned once more to see Uncle Matt standing above me with raised hands in a spanking matter, he flicked his sandy blonde hair out of his face and with his whole body atop the child and smacked his wrist repeatedly. The boy screamed in pain as he was being smacked by someone he didn’t even know.

I heard the force through sound as he smacked the boy until the kid suddenly stopped trying to struggle out of Uncle Matt’s grip; my uncle had a massive grin upon his face as he served strike after strike to the boy. I stood horrified and paralysed from the grotesque behaviour partaken by my Uncle.

I screamed as Uncle Matt chased me, and when he caught me he threw me on the floor and smacked me repeatedly until I stopped resisting the chastise. I could barely see because of the inevitable glare that caught my eye, but I could make out my uncle standing over me with his hand raised above his head.

I winced, but before he could strike me the front door flew open and the sound of my dad’s voice blared through the house, I could only just make out him saying, "Selena your mother and I are home!"

My uncle ran and took the boy by the hand with him, he signalled me to be silent about the previous events and because I feared for my bottom, I did.

The next time I saw him he told me that he wasn’t in a good place and that he would greatly appreciate it if I could forget the whole thing, but I began having nightmares about the boy and his sorrowful face that begged for justice. I told my mum who already suspected something wrong with Uncle Matt; she went out of her way to have him see a psychologist and succeeded.

[End of Flashback]

I hoped that I would never see that, sad excuse for a man ever again but now he stands before me with that smirk on his face once again. He walked over to me and hugged me, when he was close enough he whispered, "Long time no see Selena."

So I hugged him even tighter and whispered, "Your debt to me for that day will be paid."

I didn’t know where it came from but it was true. As soon as those words left my mouth he instantly cringed and backed away, I smiled in glee of my sudden elapse of confidence.

I searched the room for a seat and coincidently the only free one was next to Kane who looked blissful about it, I felt a shiver run down my spine as I took the seat and he placed his hand atop mine. I reached for something that I could use to hurt him and my hand clasped something that felt oddly familiar, when I looked down I saw an identical pendant around his neck that Alice had, the star and moon. It reflected the light beautifully from every angle and as soon as Kane saw that it caught my attention he began bragging and boasting about it.

"This is a gift that was passed down from my ancestor’s; it is passed down every fourth generation. Do you like it?" he asked with a huge grin. He was definitely a hottie; which is all the more reason to avoid him. I felt myself blush as I went to writing the notes as Mr Higgins went passed me; checking my work. There was something about the pendant that felt and looked familiar to me somehow, I just couldn’t figure out why; I gave up thinking about it when the bell went for second period.

I wondered out of class as students walked from one classroom to another. I stood outside the science classroom and waited for Alice, it took her five minutes and when she did exit the classroom she was with Kane who smirked and grinned at the sight of me. I hissed at him and walked off by myself down the crowded hallway towards my Home Economics class, when I entered there was no one there.

I spun around and ran straight into the chest of another student. I stepped back to get a full sight of him. He was average height and slim, his blue eyes danced over me as he grabbed my hand to steady me. He was pale in colour and his chocolate brown hair was shiny and swept to the left. He was wearing black jeans and a slimming black bonds shirt; his black leather boots were in contrast to the white vinyl flooring.

"Hi," he said as he twirled me into his arms randomly, "I’m Lars and you must be Selena?"

I managed a muffled hum of agreement as I tried to remove myself from his gentle and passionate hug. I pushed myself off him and stared into his deep blue eyes as he released me the moment was so extraordinarily weird; so much passion was portrayed in his stare. He bent reached for my face; the touch of is skin on mine sent vibrant tingles down my body. His lips connected with mine making me feel flushed with romance and passion, I felt out of control of my own body as I kissed him back without thinking. My eyes were closed as he freed one of his hands and placed it gently on my lower hip. I began to feel the raw passion run through both of us until I heard the impatient tapping of a foot, he slowly removed his lips from mine, we both turned our heads at the same time to see Alice standing there staring at us with honest disbelief.

I felt myself fill with embarrassment, regret and passion as I was grabbed by the wrist and torn from Lars’ slim yet muscular build. Alice stopped and looked at me, searching for a reason for my actions. She coughed and said, "I see you met Lars."