Chapter 9

Lyla and I are opening a new Griffon account when I received an emergency call. Mel rushed into my office, interrupted the meeting and said, "Abel, the Russell guy is on line three. He said he is being kidnapped,"

I jumped up to my feet, apologised to the Griffon and headed outside to Lyla's table to get the call. Lyla is sending the Griffon out of WEM when I picked up the phone, "Rus? Where are you?"

"Call dad," Rus voice cracked as if he's in pain. Oh no, please don't tell me he is in pain. "Please, Abel." I heard someone punched Rus who groaned. I shouted in the phone, panic rising in me, "Rus!"

"Abel Wilder," Someone said in the phone, sending shivers down my spine.

"Who are you? Please don't hurt Rus," I begged, writing down on the paper to Lyla 'Call Aden and Daxton'.

"Be here in five minutes and don't call the cops or your brother," I wrote down the address and heard the phone disconnected. I cursed and grabbed my stuff. Lyla grasped my hand, "Where are you going?"

I told Lyla the address. "Tell Aden and Dax. I need to go now," I said, eyes filled. Rus sounded so helpless. I have to go.

Lyla squeezed my hand, "No, Abel, you are not thinking straight. Aden is on his way with Dax. Let them go with you,"

"The kidnapper said not to tell Aden and the cops. I just did and if anything happened to Rus," I swallowed, "Dax will be devastated. I need to go. I trust Aden and Dax. They will come ASAP."

I ran out of my office, ignored Lyla, got into my car and headed towards the address. It was just five blocks away and I took a deep breath, parked my car in front of the house. I took my phone, left it in silent and locked my car.

A man came out of the house and held his hand out, "Phone," I narrowed my eyes, passed him my phone and said, "Where is Rus?"

"In there," He nodded his head into the house and opened the door for me. I went in and right in front of me was Rus, badly beaten up and tied to a chair. I ran to him and took the cloth off from his mouth, "Rus! God, are you okay?"

"Abel," Rus breathed out, "They broke my leg,"

I gritted my teeth and glared at the man sitting on the couch. He had a scar across his face and I gasped, "You were outside of my house!"

"Good eyes, Abel," The man said and introduced himself, "I'm Fredrick Spencer, I worked with Melvin Miguire."

Miguire. The Miguire Family. Damnation. I was too busy to do the research on them. Does this means I'm in the drug dealers house?

"What do you want from Daxton and Rus?"

The man grinned, "Looks like Daxton never tell you about what is going on. Come, take a seat."

"Let him go first and I will take the fucking seat," I insisted, earning a laugh from Fredrick who clapped his hands. His men had amused look on them. Fredrick shook his head, "Interesting woman. Now I can see what Daxton sees in you,"

"Untie him," I demanded and Fredrick nodded to one of his men. His man cut the cable ties with a knife. He is groaning in pain when I tried to help him up. I glared at the guy, standing there with a bored look, "I could use a hand here,"

Fredrick laughed, nodded to the guy and we helped Rus to the couch. I checked his leg and fumed, "What the fuck did you do to him?!"

"I apologised for Russell's injury," Fredrick took a long drag from his cigarette, "Rus put up a great fight when we tried to ask him to come with us,"

"You did not ask me to come with you," Rus gritted, "They dragged me and roughed me up."

I turned to Fredrick, "What do you want?"