Chapter 10

"Russell Miguire," Rus teacher called his name up to the stage to collect his certificate. I jumped out of my seat and cheered as loud as possible. I don't care if anyone was giving me weird look; I want Rus to know we are here for him.

Daxton is grinning from ear to ear, clapping in his seat. He grinned, waving his certificate at us and did a funny pose for Daxton who is taking photos of him.

Rus approached us after he took photos with his friends. He removed his gown and threw it into Daxton's Continental, checked his hair and passed me the year book, "Check out page 34,"

Daxton flipped to page 34 and there was Rus goofy smile and below, he wrote: Sorry, Mrs Lockwood, I ate all your pancakes every morning. That's why you couldn't find it anywhere.

I burst out laughing and looked at Rus, looking smug."Are you serious?"

He shrugged, giving us a goofy smile, "She left her pancakes in her office every morning and whenever I walked past, I just had to eat it."

Daxton chuckled. I rolled my eyes at Daxton and passed the yearbook back to Rus and took an envelope out from my bag. Daxton put his arm around my shoulder and I passed the envelope to Rus, "Your graduation present,"

Rus raised his eyebrow and clicked his tongue, "It's just an envelope? I thought it will be a car or something,"

Daxton snorted as Rus tore the envelope open and read the letter. His jaw dropped and he checked the tickets in the envelope, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"No shit," Daxton laughed at Rus reaction, "She told me this morning,"

"We are going to Fiji?!" Rus punched his fist in the air and pulled me in for a suffocating hug. I slapped his shoulder, "Can't breathe, Rus." He let go of me and kissed my cheek non-stop, "I can't believe this!"

Daxton pulled Rus away with a frown on his face, "Kid, she is mine,"

Rus rolled his eyes, his smile still not faltering, "Dad, she just got us tickets to Fiji!"

Daxton laughed. Daxton's reaction was the same as Rus this morning when I told him. He literally jumped out of his seat, kissed me and went to make some calls to push his schedule back. Rus read the letter again and sighed in satisfaction.

"I got three tickets," I said, "I hope y'all don't mind me tagging along. I haven't travel for a while."

Rus and Daxton gave me a look. Daxton pulled me to him and said, "Babe, we will love you to come."

"Are you serious?" Rus rolled his eyes, "It will be so much fun if you come along, dad doesn't know how to enjoy,"

Daxton ruffled Rus hair, "Dude, you want to try that again?"

Daxton pointed to the car beside us. It's a white jeep. Daxton throw Rus the key and Rus put his hands out and cried out, "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!"

Daxton is filming Rus' reaction down. He touched the jeep as if he was vulnerable, "HOLY CRAP! DAD!" Rus ran into Daxton and kissed all over Daxton's face. I laughed, filming the scene down.

Daxton pushed Rus away, "Don't speed. Don't drink and drive."

"Aye!" Rus saluted Daxton, asked Daxton to take photo with the tickets and the Range Rover so that he can post it up to the web and send it to Keaton. I smiled at the two boys, arguing which angle is the best.

I saw Rus asking Daxton something and the both of them took a quick glance at me. I raised my eyebrows at them. Daxton looked a little embarrassed. He cleared his throat, slapped Rus' shoulder and told him to drive carefully.

Daxton pulled me into his arms, "I love you,"

"I love you too," I said it back and asked, "What was that?"

"What?"

"What did Rus tell you?"

"Let's go hiking now,"

.....

I wiped my sweat off and passed the mineral bottle to Daxton. He pulled me down to sit beside him as we took in the beautiful scenery. Daxton smiled, taking my hand, "Move in with me,"

"What?" I turned to Daxton and smiled, "Of course,"

"We need a bigger house anyway," Daxton added, "Move in with me and we can get a bigger house."

"We don't need a bigger house," I kissed him, "We just need each other. Rus told you to ask me, didn't he?"

Daxton looked embarrassed. He chuckled nervously, "It seems like my son know more than his dad. He was telling me it's time to freaking ask you to move in with us."

"Rus is a good guy," I added, leaning on his shoulder, "I will move in with you,"

"You will?" Daxton kissed the top of my head, "We are one step closer to getting married,"

I laughed, wiping his sweat away, "For once, marriage doesn't scare me at all,"

"I'm in love with you, Abel. If you want to get married, hell, I will." Daxton laughed nervously. I smiled, "Nope, I'm still itching to travel."

"Fine, we will travel and when we finally come back, you are marrying me." He said and then cursed under his breath, "I should probably ask for Cain and Aden's permission,"

I smiled and said, "Cain will probably tell you they can never cage a wild heart,"

"Your heart is mine," Daxton announced, his deep blue eyes piercing into mine. I broke into a wide smile, "Yours,"

Now I know how it feels to be in love and how people will overlook their partner's flaw, learning to accept them with their arms wide open. For now, just embrace the present and look forward to the future.

One step at a time.

THE END