F o u r

Four
Two months later

"So..."

"Err..."

He cleared his throat, stopping once we reached the red light.

"Why are you staying at the Kaine's place again?"

Whatever he'd just said suddenly flew straight out the other ear because I'd chosen that exact moment to turn my head and look at him properly for the first time.

Dear God, why couldn't it be his family I was staying with?

"Erm... Sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked why you were staying with the Kaine family."

"Oh right. There's some filming thing I need to do here, so they're taking care of me until I'm done." I didn't want to bore him with details so I settled for the brief explanation.

The rest of the car ride was spent in silence as I cursed myself for not elaborating, at least to fill up the silence.

"Hello!" Jenna greeted upon our arrival, a warm smile on her ageing face. I figured she must be the mother.

"Hi," my reply was somewhat meek compared to her joyful tone.

"Well come in," she patted my shoulder lightly before turning to the hot guy from the car, "don't forget to bring all the suitcases in, Jose."

I paused at the door. "Actually, maybe I should help him out," I suggested, delaying my entrance further.

"No, no. He'll be fine," Jenna waved me off as she led me down the hall to the staircase.

I felt so guilty he was carrying my luggage that I quickly turned and sent him an apologetic look. He didn't seem to mind though, because he smiled and shot me a quick wink.

"Everyone better be in the kitchen by the time the microwave's done heating!" She called up.

Soon the sounds of padding feet and irritated voices were heard as people started moving upstairs.

Just hearing the people I'd be living with was enough to send shivers racing up and down my spine and the usual erupting butterflies fluttering around madly in my stomach

I had no idea what I would do if they ended up disliking me or found me intensely irritating. It wasn't a completely unlikely possibility so naturally, I was beyond frightened.

"Mum!" A young, female voice cried, frustrated. "You ruined my moment of inspiration!"

Looking up, I found that the source of the voice was a tall, pretty black haired girl with dark emerald eyes to match her mother's.

"Well you're lucky you managed to snap out of the moment then, because look who just arrived!" Jody smiled sweetly before motioning for the girl to approach me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, making her way towards me, "I'm Hannah."

"It's fine," I smiled, "and I'm Allison."

Hannah grinned. "Yeah, I know. By the way, brace yourself for when you meet my brothers," she paused dramatically, "they're not as... nice, you could say, as I am."

"Hannah." Her mother reprimanded with a frown.

She couldn't say much more since a group of three boys were soon crammed in the door of the kitchen as each of them tried to push their way in first. In the end though, the youngest managed to squeeze his small form through a pair of legs.

"Mummy!" He grinned cheekily, a pair of deeply engraved dimples appearing as he looked up innocently, wide eyes twinkling. Long story short, he was beyond adorable and all I could do was stare.

"Mm?"

He ignored her reply once catching sight of me.

"Who are you?" He enquired curiously, grey eyes, with a slight hint of green stared straight at me.

His question seemed to catch the older siblings off guard as they stopped struggling to get through the door and studied me.

"Uh..." This newfound attention was unfamiliar to me. Sure, I was used to a camera flashing at me but everyone had always only ever been interested in showcasing the clothing, so technically, the attention was never actually on me. "I'm Allison."

Realisation sparked in his eyes. "Oh."

I blinked. Was that it?

Jody nudged him but he didn't seem to get the message.

"Sorry," she chuckled, ruffling his hair, "this is Caden."

I smiled, leaning down to shake his outstretched small hand.

Once I'd straightened back up, I looked up at the boys who'd finally moved away from the door and couldn't help noticing the good-looking gene had managed to find every single one of the children. The tallest, seemingly oldest guy was leaning lazily against a counter with an apple in hand. Short strands of raven black hair had fallen out of place from the dark mop on his head. His striking grey eyes were tinted with a hint of curiosity as he watched me silently while I pretended I couldn't feel his burning gaze.

The other brother had opened the fridge door and was now stood with a bottle of milk against his lips. I noticed that he hadn't inherited the same hair colour as his siblings, but undoubtedly had his mother's dark blonde locks. His eyes were also more of a mix between grey and green, making them a really weird colour I couldn't pinpoint.

"Jonah!" His mother cried.

"Yeah?" He wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his dark jumper.

"How many times?! Use. A. Cup," she hissed, glancing at me apologetically.

"Ugh," Hannah scrunched up her face, "if you think I'm having milk again..."

Jonah rolled his eyes. "You guys are so immature."

Hannah gaped at him. "And this is coming from the guy drinking milk out of the bottle."

The older boy, still leaning against the counter, cleared his throat to get his sibling's attention before motioning to their mother stood stiffly with her arms crossed and eyes blazing as she looked between them.

"Right," she said, not before sending them both a deadly glare of course, "now that you're quite done, you three can help Allison set up the guest bedroom."

Looking at them, I couldn't help but catch the older boy rolling his eyes in annoyance.

Okay then.

Once all the boxes had been carried up to my temporary bedroom, Jonah took it upon himself to collapse on my bed.

"So Alli, how old are you?" He asked.

His older brother, who's name I'd come to know as Liam grunted. "Am I done here?" The annoyed look still hadn't left his face.

"Yeah, thanks," I said, ignoring his glare, turning to Jonah.

"I'm seventeen, you?"

Liam's jaw clenched before he turned on his heel and walked out.

Jonah had wisely stayed silent until we heard a door slam closed.

"Uh, yeah same... Just out of curiosity, what the hell did you do to piss him off like that?"

I shrugged helplessly. "He's your brother, you tell me."

***
I'm so sorry for the delay but hope this makes up for it!

--pic on the side is the driver from the start of the chapter😍

---omg, this story is already Humor #617!---- [6/7/14

Keep reading, commenting & voting! 😉

---it's now Humor 545!---- [7/7/14]😮😄

--- [8/7/14] Humor: #536. Teen Fiction: #956----