T h r e e

Three

"What do you mean, you need to go?" Jenna demanded incredulously, annoyance flashing in her amber orbs.

My aunt faltered for a second, seemingly noticing how rash and unprofessional she was being. "Sorry," she mumbled sheepishly, wringing her hands together in agitation, "but this is really urgent."

"So is this," retorted Jenna.

Aunt Tina let out a long breath, "How long do you think it'll take?"

"However long it needs to take."

I could tell my aunt was starting to lose her patience, but I was not about to get myself involved, they were grown women and could sort it between themselves. I also wasn't looking forward to having any of them turn against me, so I went for the safer option and watched on.

"Okay," my aunt dragged the word out, her eyes flashing briefly, "you have ten minutes to wrap this up."

Jenna stared at her in disbelief, "I'll 'wrap it up' when we're finished. And I can assure you, that won't be anywhere near ten minutes."

Before my aunt could fire back a reply, Dina interrupted. "Jenna," she started gently, as though talking to a wild tiger, "I think you've got enough shots to have a really wide choice of what you want. Just let them go and if you end up unhappy about all of the pictures, I'm sure Allison won't mind coming back."

My gaze flitted towards my aunt for confirmation and she nodded, lips pursed.

"Yeah, sure," I agreed.

"Alright, go get changed Al," Tina spoke, an impatient frown on her face.

Ten minutes later, I was stood hanging the brown sequin dress back up on the hook with a million brain cells working at super speed, trying to figure out what on earth my aunt was up to now.

"I'm done," I announced, pulling her concentration away from her phone.

"Good, we need to leave."

"Bye Dina! Bye Jenna!" I called over my shoulder, trying to keep up with my aunt's super speed as she practically ran out into the corridor.

"Okay, listen," she panted, out of breath but showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon, "I know you're practically dying to find out what's going on," she paused, catching her breath as we stepped out of the building, "but it's a really long story and I think it'd be better if I just showed you, yeah?"

I frowned, grumbling under my breath, "So you drag me out of a shoot and don't even tell me why?"

"Pretty much, yeah," she grinned, all past frustrations seemingly forgotten.

Once we reached Tina's car, I noticed a short man stood beside it with his palm spread against the roof as he leaned against it. I shot my aunt a questioning glance, noticing how she ignored me. I rolled my eyes.

"Hi," she greeted.

"Hey, Tina," the man replied, the sides of his eyes crinkling in a kind smile.

"This is Allison," she pulled me forward with a hopeful glint in her eyes as she watched him closely.

"Nice to meet you."

I smiled cautiously, "You too..."

My eyes flitted over to my aunt. "What's going on?" I finally asked. Not only was this extremely awkward, but I was never patient and would not have been able to wait for Tina to finish taking her sweet time.

"Let's talk in the car," my aunt suggested, earning a nod from the mystery man.

* * * *

"Wait, wait," I held my hands up, "are you trying to tell me that I'm gonna be on TV?"

"Well yeah," Tina muttered, rolling her eyes, "what else have we been talking about the past half an hour."

"This better not be a joke," I said seriously. "It would make more sense if it was though. I mean, I can't even call myself a model, let alone an actress."

The man, Alexander, turned to my aunt. His smile had disappeared and he now looked pretty unsure.

"Tina, her confidence is going to be a huge issue. Are you sure she can handle this?"

My eyebrows shot up. So he says something like that and can't even tell me it directly?

"Sorry sir, but I think it's only normal for me to be at least a bit curious when something like this is dropped on me."

"I understand that, but the fact that you've been offered something like this should show that you don't give yourself enough credit," he countered.

"I can be confident though, I don't want to give up this opportunity," I told him, biting back my pride and hoping he'd listen since he seemed doubtful. I had no idea why I said something like that in front of him anyway though, after all that disappointment about not being good enough and having to do all these little jobs, I should've been jumping about and screaming into pillows. I was sure now, he'd probably gone off the whole idea. I wasn't Allison O'Donnell for nothing though and he had another thing coming if he thought I was giving this up easily.

"I know, and I wouldn't take something like this away from you. Especially not if you've been recommended to me by someone with such high standards," he beamed.

I was recommended? Since when did I get recommended?

"Okay," Tina turned to Alexander, "I'll call once we've read through these details."

I glanced down at her lap, noticing a pile of printed sheets that I could've sworn were not there before.

"I'll be waiting," Alexander said as a form of farewell before stepping out of the car.

"So, my niece is turning into a little star."

I sent a slow wink in her direction. "Best believe it."

* * * *
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I've dedicated it to MelSheen for her support & comment that made me smile!

Thank you so much for making my day! x